What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Pubrick

everything not to do with movies.
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: 82The Tipping Point

Someone made a book out of the new Roots album?  :wink:  Seriously, it sounds interesting.  I'll be picking that one up myself soon.  

I'm on:

SiliasRuby

The Cold Six Thousand By James Ellroy
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: SiliasRubyThe Cold Six Thousand By James Ellroy

Forgot where I heard this but the best thing I heard about this book was that the title refers to the amount of sentences per page.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: hacksparrow

Forgot where I heard this but the best thing I heard about this book was that the title refers to the amount of sentences per page.
Yep, that's about right. It's actually a noir set in the backdrop of Dallas, Texas on the day JFK was shot and the years that follow.

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: SiliasRuby

Yep, that's about right. It's actually a noir set in the backdrop of Dallas, Texas on the day JFK was shot and the years that follow.
is it any good? i bought it. a couple of years ago. but i found it hard to read. every sentence. consists mainly. of two. or three. words. i really. wanted. to. read. it.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: SiliasRuby

is it any good? i bought it. a couple of years ago. but i found it hard to read. every sentence. consists mainly. of two. or three. words. i really. wanted. to. read. it.
It takes some time and patience but, overall, it's definitely worth another try Mogwai. Gosh I hate when I incidently rhyme.

My Collection

MacGuffin

If you can read NEON's posts, that book should be a breeze to get through.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

running with scissors by augusten burroughs, just finished it, high mix of emotions right now

Sleuth

I just finished reading ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE and now I'm too excited to sleep
I like to hug dogs

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Myxo

Stefen

I'm reading the mens bible.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: ewardrunning with scissors by augusten burroughs, just finished it, high mix of emotions right now
Fantastic Book and if you like that I suggest read his other book Dry about alcoholism and the advertising industry.

My Collection