Magnolia and Boogie Nights also coming to Blu-ray before end of '09

Started by depooter, April 27, 2009, 06:14:53 PM

Stefen

I refuse to buy a PS3 based on the fact that they aren't backwards compatible with PS2 games.

How can you make a PS3 and now allow it to play PS2 games? There's like 3 good PS3 games that you can't also get on 360.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on September 23, 2009, 01:27:24 AM
I refuse to buy a PS3 based on the fact that they aren't backwards compatible with PS2 games.

How can you make a PS3 and now allow it to play PS2 games? There's like 3 good PS3 games that you can't also get on 360.

Wait... this isn't true is it?

I was considering getting one... if this is true then purchase canceled.

john

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 23, 2009, 11:40:19 AM

Playstation initially offered a 60GB that was backwards compatible, then discontinued it for the 40 and 80 - both of which were not. Neither is the Slim. But you could look into finding that 60, if you really want.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Gamblour.

Quote from: john on September 23, 2009, 12:36:41 PM

Playstation initially offered a 60GB that was backwards compatible, then discontinued it for the 40 and 80 - both of which were not. Neither is the Slim. But you could look into finding that 60, if you really want.

Yeah, the last one they made was the one I was lucky enough to get last summer, bundled with Metal Gear 4.
WWPTAD?

Stefen

Yeah, you can find a used one on EBay but they're expensive and I don't really trust used shit on expensive electronics like that.

I don't know what Sony is thinking. The PS3's library is shit. They are like the XBox of last generation. They have pretty graphics and a powerful machine but hardly any exclusive titles worth buying a PS3 for.

The PS2 has tons of awesome games and I'd play PS2 games more than the two or three exclusive titles the PS3 has.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: matt35mm on September 22, 2009, 08:43:44 PM
It also makes your penis bigger.

... but that might be the cancer.

And all this time I thought it was because I carry my cell phone in my underwear.  :doh:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

children with angels

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

picolas

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

pete

it's a meta-blurb - a blurb about how hard it is to write a blurb. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

logitrax

polkablues

Quote from: :P on September 24, 2009, 07:48:38 AM
"biblical floods"??

You don't remember that part?  Maybe it got cut out, like Orlando Jones.

I like how "Biblical Floods" and "Game Shows" are randomly capitalized.  Why not "Self-Help Seminars" or "Weather"?
My house, my rules, my coffee

socketlevel

Quote from: john on September 23, 2009, 12:36:41 PM

i've got one that's backward compatible, must be this one you're talking about. wow i didn't know they did that. though some games look pretty shit on it. maybe that's why they did it.
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

They did it because they plan to start selling/renting all the PS2 games as downloads in the Playstation Store

Basically, all the PS2 games you bought and own, you'll have to buy again as a digital download.