pop pop pop popeye

Started by sphinx, February 24, 2003, 08:56:53 PM

sphinx

for you altman fans, popeye is making it's dvd debut.  no specs or anything like that, but it's coming.  that is all.

edit: expect a pretty shitty release in terms of features, 'cause it's paramount.

Xixax

Oh, man. That was such a horrible movie. Altman or not.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

BonBon85

And all at once I knew, I knew at once, I knew he needed me.

man this was a pointless post

Vivian Darkbloom

Do you know when it will be released (approximately) ?
I'm a huge altman fan and i haven't seen this film since I was a child (I'm only a little more older than this movie...). I guess I'll be disapointed but I'm dying to see it again.

Redlum

This film could really benefit from a great, remastered sound mix for the dvd. Right from the start I think the films got a great atmosphere, like when the title comes up over the stormy sea. It Completely loses it at the end with that giant squid/octopus but I enjoy it for the many subtle jokes in Robin Williams performance.

I always wanted to visit the set/theme park in Malta as a kid. They practically built an actual town of Sweethaven on that island.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Quote from: Vivian DarkbloomDo you know when it will be released (approximately) ?

No definite date, just listed as Summer 2003.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Just in from Paramount Home Entertainment, on June 24th is the long-awaited, first-ever DVD release of Robert Altman's Popeye. In a new remastered anamorphic widescreen transfer with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround remix.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

Alright! 5.1. Those songs will sound better than ever!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas