The Whole Ten Yards

Started by MacGuffin, February 19, 2004, 09:13:35 PM

Kal

Banky

I have seen the new tv spots so many times and i cant stop laughing at Perry falling because of the popping baloon.  For some reason he throws his hand into the air. hhahahahaha.  It reminds me of when Perry sees Willis in the hotel room in "nine" and then tries to run and hits Duncan in the chest.hahaha

El Duderino

Quote from: RaviWho is the old guy in the middle?

kevin pollak

and i do like Nine Yards, but this trailer makes Ten Yards look pretty bad, IMO
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

metroshane

I don't see what's wrong with liking Perry...I really like "Fools rush in", etc.  And if I remember, I liked 9 yrds too.  But mostly I'll see it b/c there's a chicken on the movie poster.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

SoNowThen

Perry's cool. Once Friends is over, he can put that behind him and get some decent roles and maybe finally get some fucking respect...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

He already has my respect in large part because of that show. I don't see why people are always so down on it.  Sure, it's not as funny as it's used to be, but that's like saying The Simpsons iisn't as funny as it used to be.  Still funnier than 99% of the shows out there.

SoNowThen

I ain't getting down on the show, I'm saying the stigma of the Chandler character ruins most of his movie roles (for most people). I would exclude myself, especially when it comes to Yards, which I love. But he's gonna keep getting offered these "chandler" roles unless he can get some decent distance from the show.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gold Trumpet

The likability of Bruce Willis made this an enjoyable experience for me. Perry is fine, but his role was over written. The others are all blah. But fuck, what can one expect from this kind of film?

cine

"Crime is not usually a laughing matter, but it is a riot" in The Whole Ten Yards, the not-exactly-blockbuster sequel to the 2001 hit The Whole Nine Yards. Although all of the original cast returned for the sequel - including Bruce Willis, Matthew Perry and Natasha Henstridge - it failed to ignite the box office, but will likely do better on DVD. Warner Home Video will release the Howard Deutch-directed pic on July 27th in separate anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, each with a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track, audio commentary by Deutch and writer Mitchell Kapner, and theatrical trailers. Retail will be $27.95.