80's Feel Good Movies

Started by Duck Sauce, June 23, 2003, 05:32:47 PM

MacGuffin

Slip me the cash and I'll slip you the weiner.
But I don't have the cash.
Then I don't have a weiner.

Oh, by the way, ebeaman...Thor's a homo.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

life_boy

I just watched Arthur and had a great time doing so.  I had never seen it before.  Fun little film (although the DVD sucks, it's not even in widescreen).  Any news on a future Arthur DVD release would be nice.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the latest cool name to name drop amungst " hipsters/phoneys" in the know is Steve Gordon, he is the guy who wrote arthor, he was this writter who was very fucked up and obsessed with death , and he died young

i keep hearing people drop his name as of late, the way people did with andy kaufman way before it became played out to talk about him

so yeah that sickens me, but ohh well

life_boy

Didn't he only do like two movies too?  That sucks.

I hope I didn't sicken you too bad by mentioning Arthur.

Quote from: life_boyDidn't he only do like two movies too?  That sucks.

I hope I didn't sicken you too bad by mentioning Arthur.

no you didnt sicken me, what sickens me is when a great writter lives a fucked up life and then years later molly shannon name drops him

he wrote the one and only with henry winkler also

back to the sickens part, you could live a life that you feel is honest to yourself and you pay for it, and then the type of people you loath turn around and pretend they got you

and these are the same people that made your life hard while you were trying to conduct your career

life_boy

Interesting.  There's a lot of society that you hate, isn't there?

Quote from: life_boyInteresting.  There's a lot of society that you hate, isn't there?

i am filled with passion, i am the ultimante latin lover, so yes i bleed for my art

but i do love stevie wonder

sexterossa

ZELLY AND ME with Isabella Rossellini and David Linch. actually that was a "feel down" movie. but closely associated with the 80s nonetheless.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02JOHN HUGHES TRILOGY DVDS
The holy grail of the cinema du John Hughes - Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Weird Science - is finally ready to be unleashed on September 2nd from Universal Studios Home Video. As the disciples of the pied piper of 80's teen cinema already know all too well, the long hoped-for reissues of these flicks have already been announced once and then postponed, so will this time be the charm? Let's hope so, and although full specs have not yet been announced, each will be newly remastered in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, plus trailers. Retail will be $19.95 each, or $39.95 for a 3-disc Brat Pack set. Stay tuned...

In bad news for John Hughes fans, those waiting for feature-laden new special editions of his holy trinity - Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Weird Science - will undoubtedly be disappointed by the upcoming reissues due on September. We've received the final specs, and although all feature newly remastered 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfers and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, there are no extras included at all aside from trailers, and Sixteen Candles doesn't even get that. While retail is a low $19.95 apiece, after all the wait and endless postponements, such bare-bones reissues are bound to be a letdown.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

life_boy

Why would they even rerelease them if they don't have any special features?  Isn't it just like the versions that are out now (save Weird Science that hasn't had a DVD release, I don't think)?

MacGuffin

Quote from: life_boy(save Weird Science that hasn't had a DVD release, I don't think)?

Then I have a extremely early pre-release. I just hope this remastered one isn't another snapper case.

Skeleton FilmWorks