80's Feel Good Movies

Started by Duck Sauce, June 23, 2003, 05:32:47 PM

Myxo

Quote from: Duck SauceInspired by Redlum and his avatar (http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267)

Post your favorites and even not so favorites;

Teen Wolf
Back to the Future
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Wizard

The Last Starfighter
Goonies
Say Anything
The Explorers
Gremlins

Wee!

Pas

Mine are

Tommy Tricker and the Stamp Traveller
Peanut Butter Solution
Bodo - Eine ganz normale Familie (The Wiz Kid) (One of the best family movie ever, if you can find a decent un-german version)
Simon and the Dreamhunters

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: ebeamansomething wild
christine
poltergeist (it's feel good to me)
drugstore cowboy (CRIMINALLY underrated)

you felt good after watching these?

Yup. I see how DC might be depressing to some but I find it pretty fun and light overall.

Yeah, and you cry during Punch Drunk Love  :roll:

Seriously, no matter if you laugh your heart out all along Drugstore Cowboy, it is not a feel good movie.

Ernie

Overall it really is man IMO. All things considered.

See, I can connect with PDL a lot more than I can with DC...hence my emotional reactions to CERTAIN PARTS in PDL...not the whole thing necessarily but CERTAIN PARTS...like when he cries in front of Walter. I can relate to a lot Barry goes through...not any of the phone sex stuff or the pudding stuff of course but some of the stuff with his sisters reminds me of me at school and some of the violent outbursts he has are definitely similar to the way I can be sometimes. I'm not a heroin addict, I have no idea what it feels like to go through that as Bob and others do in DC. Sure, I have empathy for Bob and his cohorts but nothing happens that brings me to tears. It's not a traditional feel good movie, not at all...and I doubt it was made with those intentions but the thing is...we all have weird reactions to movies and this is just an example of that.

PDL is more human and real than DC too...again, imo. DC almost becomes a little cartoonish at certain parts (ie. the dog story, a lot of the humor, the hexes, the whole thing with the neighbors shooting that cop).

Pas

Ok, maybe I don't really know what people mean by "feel-good" ...

Victor

now how could you forget

?
are you gonna eat with us too?

modage

great movie, worst dvd cover of all time.  i like how they just drew on those sunglasses in photoshop in like 5 minutes.  the real poster art is so cool.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Sigur RósJust look for something starring Chevy Chase!

Look for only this one:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

pretty much everything mentioned i like and would like to add(drum roll please).............

MANNNEQUIN  just the first one
and the lost boys     annnnnnnnnd Liscense to DRIVE

life_boy

Hey, didn't you forget something?

*gong chime*

Myxo

I believe it was Socrates who once said, "I drank what?"

also..

Alethia

adventures in babysitting

Ernie

Quote from: ewardadventures in babysitting

Finally! There is somebody else out there. I love that movie and nobody else seems to have heard of it. I used to have the biggest crush on Elizabeth Shue, the babysitter...oh my god, it was disgusting. It was as extreme as the Audrey and Zooey obsession is now in the present. I still think she's kinda cute.

I actually bought and watched it recently, it's still fucking awesome. You should catch up with it too if you haven't already.

Alethia

watched it yesterday, thats what made me think of it, loved it when i was a kid, still like it now.  i first saw elizabeth shue in back to the future 2 and then i kept seeing her pop up in not only this movie but a bunch of other shitty ones.  oh well.  i thought she was hot then.  enjoyable.

Pas

Elizabeth Shue is still very hot ... couple of funny lines I love from the movie ...

Girl in the college party: I'm so lonely!
Daryl: How could a righteous babe like you be lonely?
Girl: That's the sweetest thing anybody's ever said to me! Wanna go to bed ?

Chris: Now boys, if either of you give me any grief I swear to God I'll kill you. Dead, murdered, stabbed.
Daryl: Raped?

Alethia

nobody leaves here without singin the blues..........