Is there way to de-animate animated avatars 'round here?

Started by wilberfan, October 23, 2017, 02:45:35 PM

wilberfan

No offense to those who have animated avatars, but I find them a bit distracting.  Is there a way to 'freeze' them?

Jeremy Blackman

You can use an adblocker to have a particular image always hidden for you.

Robyn

wilder

I'm going to take this opportunity to be an ornery old man and say the same about overuse of emojis and links to Twitter reactions. This isn't Twitter, this is Xixax, and for good reason - it's one of the last gasps of an honest-to-god discussion forum on the internet. Last night, TUBA laid down the law like an absolute boss:

Quote from: The Ultimate Badass on October 21, 2017, 09:56:22 PM
Xixax has stayed pretty pure since its inception. Threads aren't mucked up by trolls and morons spewing off-topic nonsense, like most other internet forums. I think Xixax has won with its tradeoff between inactivity and purity, and hyper-activity and triviality.

Part of what makes this place so cool is that it's not about what the internet thinks, it's what we think, and we get to know each other's personalities and become friends and feel like a family in the process. To put it in more palatable terms: we're all living out the Boogie Nights dream.

Let's keep it that way.

wilberfan

Quote from: wilder on October 23, 2017, 04:25:48 PM
Let's keep it that way.

Fair enough. And (gulp) guilty as charged.  I'm new around here; my ears could use a bit of boxing, I suppose.  Gotta keep them youngin's in line.

I'll stay off your lawn, too.

We good?

wilder

Thank you for understanding. No hard feelings intended. Everything's cool and everyone's welcome, this lawn isn't mine. Just want to keep this virtual camp fire burning as long as possible the way it always has.