The Borat Movie

Started by RegularKarate, June 12, 2006, 11:48:39 PM

RegularKarate

uh, yeah, I couldn't find an actual poster
trailer

The Borat movie.
In short, the Ali G guy if you don't already know. 

I've been reading about this for a while now.  Everyone who makes a guest appearance is saying that the movie is hilarious.

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 12, 2006, 11:48:39 PM
Everyone who makes a guest appearance is saying that the movie is hilarious.
i hav no reason to expect otherwise.

garam on the other hand..
under the paving stones.

pete

man, I wish this would be just like, 2 hours of undercover stuff, but this looks like an ordinary movie.  the ali g movie sucked, but I guess borat makes a way funnier character than ali g in a fiction movie.  he's got a bigger universe.  I read that the "kazastahn" you see in all of borat's videos is actually romania.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

its funny because they went to Kazakhstan and said that people looked nothing like Borat, so they had to go a film in Romania.

I think its the funniest character I've seen in a long time. There are tons of videos in YouTube and everytime I see them I just laugh non stop.

I couldnt open that trailer posted up there, but here it is just in case somebody else is having the problem.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bfprrr57CBg&search=Borat

I Love a Magician

This is going to be the funniest shit ever. Also:

Quote from: pete on June 13, 2006, 12:26:52 AM
man, I wish this would be just like, 2 hours of undercover stuff, but this looks like an ordinary movie.

I think it's got a really loose plot, but it's going to be mostly like the stuff from the show. Interviews and such.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Comic-Con 2006: Borat Exposed
A very revealing look at the upcoming film!

A surprise guest was in attendance Friday for Fox's film presentation at Comic-Con International in San Diego. None other than Borat himself (a.k.a. Sacha Baron Cohen) made an appearance to promote his new movie Borat (or Borat: Cultural Learnings from America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan).

Cohen, who stayed in character the entire time, entered from the women's restroom and then walked through the crowded Hall H, much to the delight of the audience of thousands. After struggling to ascend the stage, "Borat" addressed the crowd from the podium. He touted his new film's success in his homeland of Kazakhstan, where it played on all seven of the country's theaters and toppled King Kong as Kazakhstan's No. 1 (the 1933 Kong, mind you).

The scenes from Borat that were shown were arguably the most shocking and controversial (and some would say hilarious) footage played at this year's Comic-Con.

The footage began with Borat unintentionally devastating a Civil War antiques shop. Then we find Borat, right out of the bath and wearing only a towel, brawling with his morbidly obese, hirsute and completely naked friend (Ken Davitian) after he catches him masturbating to magazine images of Pamela Anderson.

The brawl became a homoerotic donnybrook that spilled out into the hotel hallway, then into an elevator full of people before they enter the lobby and, finally, rumble their way into a convention hall where hundreds of onlookers reacted with what appeared to be genuine shock and awe.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

noyes

"Please you come see my film.. If it not success... I will be execute."

classic.
south america's my name.

MacGuffin

Cohen Blasted for 'Disgusting' Movie Manipulation
By WENN

British comic Sacha Baron Cohen has received a barrage of criticism for allegedly manipulating members of the public for his latest movie.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan sees the Ali G star tour America in the guise of his blundering Kazakhstani journalist.

However, the 34-year-old's pranks have come under fire for their misogynistic and anti-Semitic overtones and for fooling innocent members of the public into believing they were featuring in a serious cultural program.

George Matthews Marshall--who was at the brunt of one of Borat's stunts--slams the funnyman's manipulation as "disgraceful" and "disgusting."

He adds, "He intimated we might have favored slavery... we were horrified."

In other offending scenes Cohen--himself Jewish--spits out food from Jewish owners of a bed-and-breakfast fearing poison, while in another he tells black presidential candidate Alan Keyes he has a "chocolate face."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 08, 2006, 11:38:15 AM
In other offending scenes Cohen--himself Jewish--spits out food from Jewish owners of a bed-and-breakfast fearing poison, while in another he tells black presidential candidate Alan Keyes he has a "chocolate face."
he's a comic genius.

to all the haters all i gotta say is: no more spoilers please.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I love that episode where he leads the country western bar in a sing-along of "throw the jew down the well."

I can't wait for this movie.

RegularKarate

To toss onto the "every comedian loves this movie" pile... Brian Posehn said "Let me add to the Borat hype... I have NEVER laughed that hard at a movie. For me it had the relentless "Oh fuck, I'm laughing so hard I might shit my pants" pace that the first fifteen minutes of the South Park movie had, but the Borat movie kept that pace going for the entire thing. It will ruin comedy, because everything you used to think was funny will taste like shit after you've seen this. I can't wait to see it again. And again."

pete

I think most of the laughs don't actually come from the writing.  the writing is great, but I just think the performance is amazing.  the accent, the grammar, the gestures, and the vocabulary make borat so outstanding.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi