Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Started by RegularKarate, August 29, 2003, 07:26:41 PM

Cecil

i saw a similar kind of movie a few years back, but i dont remember the title. there was a scene where the guy put a blow up doll of himself in the bathtub to trick the intruder. anyone know?

dufresne

you will be STERILIZED with fear.

fucking genious.
There are shadows in life, baby.

picolas

this movie can only be amazing.

NEON MERCURY

lol.......what is the skeleton doing to that poor guy at the bottom left of that poster...?

Sleuth

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes, I must see it now
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Finally you guys watch this.  I thought I was the only one who thought this movie looked genius.

Filmed in Skeletorama!  Ha!

The Poster alone makes me want to see it.

***beady***

That is one wicked poster! Got to see it.

Pubrick

haha.

the guy in the middle with the giant hands looks like sphinx  :shock:
under the paving stones.

***beady***

Do you think hes ment to be a warewolf or something?

picolas

Quote from: Pthe guy in the middle with the giant hands looks like sphinx  :shock:
Quote from: ***beady***Do you think hes ment to be a warewolf or something?
it's Animala.

MacGuffin

If the rest of the movie captures the tone of the schlock-horror movies of the 50's (The Blob, The Tingler, etc.) like the trailer did, this will be one perfect modern, camp classic.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

It stars Fay Masterson -- Sally from Eyes Wide Shut...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

MacGuffin

Inspired by sci-fi master Ed Wood
Source: Los Angeles Times

For his first feature, "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra," writer-director-actor Larry Blamire didn't draw inspiration from the likes of Howard Hawks or John Ford or even Steven Spielberg. His role model was Ed Wood, the endearingly inept cross-dressing director of such dreadfully wonderful films as "Plan 9 from Outer Space" and "Bride of the Monster."

Blamire's black-and-white spoof, which opens Friday at the Nuart for a two-week run, was made in just 10 1/2 days on digital video for a mere $10,000. If you look closely at the long shots of the movie's alien rocket ship, you'll notice it was actually made out of a toilet paper roll.

Wood would be proud.

"EBay was our No. 1 source for props," says Blamire, who grew up in Boston watching '50s sci-fi flicks on TV. "I highly recommend them. I bought a box of electrical meters and the Geiger counter." He even got the title skeleton via the Internet auction house. "It was 90 bucks and was a medical school plastic model for study. That [thing] was heavy."

Shot on location in Bronson Canyon, a favorite locale of these films, and Lake Arrowhead in what Blamire calls "the miracle of Skeletorama," the convoluted plot revolves around a heroic but clueless scientist (Blamire), his ditzy wife (Fay Masterson), an evil scientist (Brian Howe), two harmless aliens (Andrew Parks and Susan McConnell), a sexy cat-woman named Animala (Blamire's wife, Jennifer Blair), a three-eyed mutant made of papier-mâché and the wisecracking skeleton of Cadavra, who are all after "that rarest of all radioactive elements, atmosphereum."

To make the film more authentic, Blamire scoured a music library in New York that has a rich archive of scores from these sci-fi films. "I went through hours of music," he says.

The movie went the festival route for more than a year before it was picked up for distribution by Sony Pictures Repertory. It opens nationwide March 12.

Blamire just finished a dark comedy in Boston called "Johnny Slade's Greatest Hits" and has penned the follow-up to "Cadavra," "The Trail of the Screaming Forehead."

The cast and crew of "Cadavra" will be appearing at the Nuart at both Friday and Saturday night screenings. The program also includes Ub Iwerks' vintage cartoon, "Skeleton Frolic!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

They ran the trailer for this at the front of Bad Santa. It looks hilarious, really good. "From the company that gave you Zombies of Mora Tau and Lawrence of Arabia!"

Take that, Lawrence of Arabia!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.