Paranormal Activity 3

Started by RegularKarate, September 30, 2011, 04:44:55 PM

RegularKarate

I saw this night before last.  It was a secret screening at Fantastic Fest.

This was a rush-job, shot in something like 5 weeks and still in post and coming out in mid-October.  It's pretty-much exactly like the fist movie, but done a little better.  I haven't seen the second movie, but I read some about it and this seems to be more of the same except that this one takes place in the 1980's.

Normally, I wouldn't start a thread for a movie like this, but the interesting thing about is that it's directed by the guys that made Catfish.  What's more is that it appears they cast Nev Schulman (the subject of Catfish) in a lead role (IMDB hasn't updated the cast list, but I have watched trailers to compare and I'm 90% sure it's him).

If you get really defensive when people call the documentary you made "fake" then don't follow it with an actual fake documentary in which your previous doc's subject plays a lead role.

Anyway, just found that interesting.  You can use this thread to complain about the movie when it comes out if you want.

I don't care about how "real" Catfish is, but Schulman

Sleepless

But Schulman what? BUT SCHULMAN WHHHHAAAAAAAATTTT??!?!?!?!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

matt35mm

RK was killed by ghosts while writing that post.

R.I.P. R.K.

RegularKarate

Boo!

I didn't really see this movie, I was just tricking you... HAPPY H

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: matt35mm on September 30, 2011, 05:20:20 PM
RK was killed by ghosts while writing that post.

But not before clicking "post." Or did the ghosts do that for him?

matt35mm

One of the ghosts brushed against the tripod, and the camcorder tipped over and hit the trackpad button on RK's laptop.

It's all in part 4, so you'll get to see it in a few months.

Ravi

Quote from: matt35mm on September 30, 2011, 09:02:49 PM
It's all in part 4, so you'll get to see it in a few months.

ParaFOURmal Activity

Orgin

I don't think there's any milk left in this cow it even make another movie..

:/

RegularKarate

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 30, 2011, 04:44:55 PM
they cast Nev Schulman (the subject of Catfish) in a lead role (IMDB hasn't updated the cast list, but I have watched trailers to compare and I'm 90% sure it's him).

Okay, so IMDB has finally listed the guy who plays the lead and it isn't Schulman.  I was really wondering why no one else had mentioned this in reviews.

Here is the guy they cast (Christopher Nicholas Smith):

and, for reference, here is Schulman:

Now we can talk about how Ariel Schuman has a crush on his brother so he cast a dude that looks just like him in all his movies.

Pubrick

that first pic isn't working because imdb pics never work.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pubrick on October 20, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
that first pic isn't working because imdb pics never work.

Fixed.  Thanks.  It's early and I forgot about IMDB pics.

Alexandro

Quote from: Orgin on October 03, 2011, 05:18:12 AM
I don't think there's any milk left in this cow it even make another movie..

:/

there was never any milk to begin with.
this is just further prove that most people are idiots.