The Book of Eli

Started by Reinhold, April 04, 2009, 03:21:45 AM

Reinhold

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037705/

"A post-apocalyptic Western, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind." starring denzel washington, gary oldman, and mila kunis, and tom waits among others.

possible spoiler in this BBC news story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7980892.stm
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pas

Nice find ! I'll be looking forward to this one

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release date: January 15, 2010

Starring: Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, Mila Kunis, Ray Stevenson, Michael Gambon

Directed by: Albert Hughes, Allen Hughes 

Premise: A lone hero must fight his way across the wasteland of post-apocalyptic America to protect a sacred book that holds the key to saving the future of humanity.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quite a amazing trailer, love desolate flicks like this.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gamblour.

Looks a lot like another Road movie. Only mystical. Pretty cool, maybe. Haven't seen the Hughes Bros. in a while.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

I like it.

The cropped hair and extra skinniness makes him look like Barack in ass-kicking mode.

SiliasRuby

This is an interesting piece of cinema. A action flick about faith and hope in a desolate and desperate world. When I think western you wouldn't necessarily think this film but this is exactly what it is. Denzel is solid as always and makes you root for him as a character. He certainly has a real humanity to him that he hast shown since training day.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

The score is well worth looking into as well. It was made by Atticus Ross who y'all know made the "The Social Network" score with Trent Reznor.