Editing systems.

Started by Jon, January 28, 2003, 10:28:22 PM

Jon

I'm gonna be buying a new editing sofware for my new computer, I was wondering what the best one is?

Final Cut Pro? Premiere? Adobe? I'm not quite sure...

Thanks very much. Very appreciative.

Cecil

have you gotten your new computer yet? cause if its not a mac you cant run final cut pro.

sphinx

it really depends what kind of computer you've got: mac or pc.  for pc, adobe premiere is a pretty good choice.  there's a wider array of editing software for the mac than there is for the pc....perhaps someone can give you more info on that.

Jon

Quotehave you gotten your new computer yet? cause if its not a mac you cant run final cut pro.

Aw, fuck. Well, I'm just so used to Windows. Is Final Cut worth it? Is there anything on the PC that can even compare?

Cecil

well thats okay, just use premiere. you have firewire on your pc dont you?

Jon

Well, I will, yeah. Is the editor that comes with Windows XP any good? I think I'll just go with Premiere, just wondering.

Cecil

Quote from: JonIs the editor that comes with Windows XP any good?

ive never used it, but its probably a very basic app. if you only wanna do simple 3 minute improvs with your friends then it might do, but if you wanna do some serious work (not that theres anything wrong with 3 minute improvs) then get premiere.

pm xixax and ask him if he still has his copy for sale.

Satcho9

Final Cut Pro is overrated, I have used it extensively and It has its bells and whistles but nothing a good PC program cant handle..

Cecil

Quote from: Satcho9Final Cut Pro is overrated, I have used it extensively and It has its bells and whistles but nothing a good PC program cant handle..

exactly. who needs real time effects and color correction without any additional hardware or software, or being able to edit offline rt, giving you 40 minutes of footage per gigabyte and then once youre finished fcp will recapture from the master tapes in hi rez to the frame only the footage you actually used in the project, allowing you to store practically all of your rushes from your feature film and edit on your laptop wherever with whoever, bringing the entire movie with you without carrying several external hard drives with you. pfff, who needs that.

Satcho9

Cecil

RegularKarate

Quote from: Satcho9Final Cut Pro is overrated, I have used it extensively and It has its bells and whistles but nothing a good PC program cant handle..

Well yeah, except that you're so wrong about that.

Jon

What does Final Cut have that Premiere doesn't?

Cecil

Quote from: cecil b. demented

...real time effects and color correction without any additional hardware or software, or being able to edit offline rt, giving you 40 minutes of footage per gigabyte and then once youre finished fcp will recapture from the master tapes in hi rez to the frame only the footage you actually used in the project, allowing you to store practically all of your rushes from your feature film and edit on your laptop wherever with whoever, bringing the entire movie with you without carrying several external hard drives with you...

also i find it more stable, especially if youre using crappy windows 95 or 98. but dont worry, premiere is still great

Satcho9

Listen, I have used Final Cut Pro 1-3 and i never said it sucked or anything, I just said it was overrated. I however prefer PC programs. Simple as that, its a free country, you can use what you want.