I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

it reminds me  to 'do the right thing' in various aspects...  it has lots of cannes material
context, context, context.

bonanzataz

i've decided i want to see dogville in theaters before i buy it. and region 2 dvd's are such a pain in the ass b/c nobody else can play them. though dogville isn't really the kind of movie you'd watch with your friends, is it?

i just got...

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

kotte

Quote from: MacGuffinPEOPLE WITH SMALL MONITORS DON'T LIKE POSTS THAT PULL THE SCREEN ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT!!!!!

thank you.

samsong

Quote from: chuckhimselfonothing will ever , ever , beat this baby:

i recently discovered that france makes the best special editions of those festival-circuit films.

I think all the different versions of Dogville (except the bare-bones ones that came out months ago) circulating throughout Europe and Asia have the same features.  The difference is in the Korean release, which is a) extremely limited and b) comes with ALL this stuff... enormous booklet, giftset, etc. for something like $30.  I have my eyes on that one.

anyway, I bought You Can Count on Me and Clueless for $9.99 a piece.  I love after christmas/holiday sales.

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinAlthough I take it upon myself to edit them:

PEOPLE WITH SMALL MONITORS DON'T LIKE POSTS THAT PULL THE SCREEN ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT!!!!!

sorry, guffy. on my imac the pictures automatically don't read from left to right, they stack on top of one another. i assumed it was like that for everybody else.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: taz.sorry, guffy. on my imac the pictures automatically don't read from left to right, they stack on top of one another. i assumed it was like that for everybody else.

I wasn't singling you out, taz. I've had to edit some other posts that did the same. Your's just happened at the same time I was doing that.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Good move with those Hitchcock Criterions taz, aren't they going OOP right about now?

Just bought:

abuck1220

godardian

Quote from: abuck1220Reservoir Dogs special ed.

$9.44 at target!

Sounds like time for me to finally break down and purchase this...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

analogzombie

Exploitation and violence, and all three for less than $16!  :-D
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Alethia

is return of the street fighter good?  cuz i love and own street fighter, wanna know if the seconds great as well?

analogzombie

to be honest I don't know. I keep hearing it's the best out of the 3 follow-ups I ordered it as a blind buy b/c I kept hearing that it's better than Sister Street FIghter and way better than Street Fighter's Last Revenge. plus this release is letterboxed and with english subtitles i think. Oh, and the fact that is was only $5.89 I'll let you know how it stacks up to the first one.  :wink:

ok, now I really am broke but after watching Tokyo Drifter last night I couldn't help myself
just pre-ordered:

"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

jtm

just picked up Three Kings for 10 bucks.  great movie!

also blind bought T3 for 12 bucks.   haven't watched it yet.

samsong

blind bought this

these two were $9.99 each (both gems)

ordered these (Millennium Mambo and On the Occasion... are blind buys)