PDL Second Run

Started by New Feeling, March 15, 2003, 10:52:16 PM

New Feeling

Those who have dollar theatres in their area may want to check it out.  PDL's second run started yesterday here in Edmonton.   It's like christmas in March.

tpfkabi

yes, indeed. i found  out about it today and saw it. how exactly does that work (second runs and all that is)?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pedro

Groovy stuff.  It's in 2 theaters here.  I can't wait.  How long will this last?

snaporaz

i don't know, but i saw it again on saturday. will see it yet again soon.

md

saw it for 50 cents at my theater.....usually its mostly thugs who hang out there but there were none to be seen at pdl
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Duck Sauce

You guys are lucky, there is no where to see it around the SF Bay Area, and I am having withdrawls.

Ernie

Quote from: mdsaw it for 50 cents at my theater.....usually its mostly thugs who hang out there but there were none to be seen at pdl

Same thing at my dollar theatre...tons of fucking suburban white thugs. It sucks because the theatre is actually pretty nice for a dollar theatre.

This is still a great surprise though. I'll definitely try to check it out again.

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceYou guys are lucky, there is no where to see it around the SF Bay Area, and I am having withdrawls.

Oh, stop your whining you lucky freaking californian...you get to see all the cool movies I want to see 6 months before my town even realizes they exist! Think All the Real Girls is here yet? Hell no.

:wink:

phil marlowe

Bitching bitches are what you are. Over here PDL premiered for the first time 2 weeks ago in something like 4 theaters nationwide. And you are bitching about the lack of second runs? Heck, I dont even know what that word means.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69
Quote from: Duck SauceYou guys are lucky, there is no where to see it around the SF Bay Area, and I am having withdrawls.

Oh, stop your whining you lucky freaking californian...you get to see all the cool movies I want to see 6 months before my town even realizes they exist! Think All the Real Girls is here yet? Hell no.

No, but I bet All the Real Girls is playing somewhere in New York. Remember, not everywhere is California is Hollywood.

Ernie

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: ebeaman69

No, but I bet All the Real Girls is playing somewhere in New York. Remember, not everywhere is California is Hollywood.

I know, that's true. I just figured SF was one of the places that gets movies really early. Or at least a half an hour or so away from SF. I wasn't sure.

I can't wait till April 4th. I think the closest place to me that's playing ATRG right now is probably NYC...which is about 7 hours away by car...which I don't have. Oh well..I'm moving the fuck to California in 2 and a half hellish years...or maybe 6 and a half if I get accepted to NYU. Either way, I'll be living there soon enough.

Duck Sauce

Why do you want to live in California so much?

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceWhy do you want to live in California so much?

Lots of reasons man...

The big reason is the weather definitely. I just can't stand snow and the winter and all that shit...I hate cold weather. I hate slipping on the ice and getting freaking colds and having to put fucking ten pounds of clothes on to go outside...it's annoying. I also hate driving in bad weather with the ice and everything. I cherish the fuck out of the summer here...partly because I hate school with every passion in the world but...also because of the nice weather.

Then of course there's all the other stuff that I'm always hearing about...the cool apartments, the cool restaurants, cool stores, and cool movie theatres...I'll get to see all the limited releases earlier. Those are definitely some of the essential things thay must be within reach of wherever I live. Then, I also want to be a filmmaker, it's my dream, I refuse to do anything else, I will become a filmmaker or die trying...california isn't a bad place at all to live if that's what you wanna do. I plan to apply to USC and try to get in there if I can...if not, there's tons of other film schools over there that I would be willing to check out.

What you really gotta remember is this...I'm living in suburban hell right now and I have all my life. You may not even notice these things that I mentioned...the weather or any of that...you may take that stuff for granted as it may not be as important to you...but I would kill to live in a place with all those things. I'm not saying it's perfect with the earthquakes and some of the arrogant people and all but I just think it's better than new york...call me crazy.

Some other places I've considered living are Miami, Atlanta, Louisiana, North Carolina, Vegas, Reno, and Paris. So, California isn't really set in stone...it's just a big possibility. I'm still open to other places. Good weather, limited releases, and a good film school are the only real essentials...any place with those, I would consider. The only thing that definitely definitely definitely so fucking definitely won't happen is that I'll stay here and waste my life.

Duck Sauce

I think you should visit California first, do both Northern and Southern, and avoid any place in Nevada, why do you want to live there?

Ernie

Quote from: Duck Sauceavoid any place in Nevada, why do you want to live there?

Hard Eight.   8)  

Quote from: Duck SauceI think you should visit California first, do both Northern and Southern

I think I'm going to avoid Northern California actually, isn't it just as cold as New York? Cold weather is not an option, the southern part seems more ideal for me. But yeah, I'll definitely visit the place I end up living before I move in there, of course.

But about Vegas and Reno...Nevada seems really cool...why do you think I should avoid it?