people with the Oscar DVD

Started by tpfkabi, February 26, 2003, 10:26:43 PM

tpfkabi

i imagine some of you have copies of the DVD sent out for Oscar screeners, etc.
i wondered if anyone would make me a copy to tide me over until the DVD actually comes out?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Satcho9

I believe that would be illegal.....i think.

tpfkabi

brushes with the law make nick a reformed man

sphinx

bigideas: there are many other ways to get screeners than by merely asking someone to send them a copy of one....in addition, a lot of the screeners have either copy protection or a tracking number embedded in 'em, which i have found in many; this makes copying difficult or dangerous

Duck Sauce

Cant you wait till (indefinite release date) ?

tpfkabi

looks like i will have to. i just figure some of you have managed to get copies and i wanted one. i miss my pdl. it's been several months since we last talked and it looks like several more will past before we once again talk.
but alas,
absence makes the heart grow fonder

sphinx

abscence makes the heart grow fungus

Royal Tenenbaum

Really sweet bootlegs are out on kazaa. Why don't people look?  :roll:

Xixax

I would like to officially state, on the record, that I object to this.

Let's be patient and wait for the real release. It sounds cornball, but we owe it to Paul (and other directors) not to steal his/their work.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

tpfkabi

downloading is not an option. i'm a 56k-er.

i was under the impression that a lot of people probably had it. i guess i was wrong. but, i imagine everyone here has an illegal mp3 on their hard drive right now (not that that makes either any more legal or right).

its just frustrating. all these crummy oscar voters get to have it and they don't appreciate it.

i definitely will purchase it the day it comes out. i hope the delays are assuring us of the first release being the definitive one.

sphinx

Quote from: bigideasi hope the delays are assuring us of the first release being the definitive one.

it's 80% sure

fulty

Quote from: XixaxLet's be patient and wait for the real release.
Thank you.  

It's so good today  ( the quality and price of DVDs ).  
Was it that long ago that you had to put your house up as collateral if you wanted to rent 2 videos?
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

tpfkabi

this is the age of technology. the internet was just kinda taking off when i was in high school (i'm 22). think about the kids who've lived with it. patience is a dying virtue.

Royal Tenenbaum

Let's be patient and wait for the real release. It sounds cornball, but we owe it to Paul (and other directors) not to steal his/their work.

I don't actually consider it stealing since there is no other way for me to possibly get a copy of the film. This download is only working as a screener for me, and I will be buying the film as soon as it comes out on DVD. He is not losing any money. I paid to see it in the theatre, and will buy the DVD; he should be happy. ;)