Office "The Work of Director..." DVD Thread

Started by Raikus, April 08, 2004, 09:40:55 AM

Raikus

Director's Label is a collaberation by Chris Cunningham, Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry. Each has their own "The Work of Director ____" that are out. They have music videos, shorts, documentaries, commentary, idea books, interviews and tons of other stuff by each director.

I LOVE these things. They're like digital crack. I have the Gondry and Jonze ones and I'm going to pick up the Cunningham this weekend. Gondry is by far my favorite and it's just completely breaktaking to see the ideas, set production and execution of his work. Jonze is very loose and "idot savant" style to his stuff. His execution is no where near that of Gondry's but it's the way he comes up with the ideas that make if fascinating. Anyone else have comments on them?

Also, if you've yet to purchase any of the three, go to Amazon. They're only $34.87 for the set.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.