How about a Q.T. Film Festival?

Started by ono, September 27, 2003, 10:59:21 PM

ono

Just saw another Kill Bill commercial, even better than the first.  It's getting me really psyched.  So I was thinking, how about Xixax watching Q.T.'s first three films (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown, of course) to get ready for the big day, October 10th?  Either the weekend of the 3rd, or the 7th-9th would make sense, I think.

Ghostboy

aclockworkjj

I am in.

Edit:...I would vote for the 7th, tues. start...go see kill bill that friday?

picolas

MacGuffin

Let's all listen to the Pulp Fiction commentary together on the night that film is screened.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: MacGuffinLet's all listen to the Pulp Fiction commentary together on the night that film is screened.
Can't seem to remember how to access it...  You put disc one in label side down, right?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: MacGuffinLet's all listen to the Pulp Fiction commentary together on the night that film is screened.
Can't seem to remember how to access it...  You put disc one in label side down, right?
well...you need peanut butter....and piss too...but yes, somewhat along those lines.

Derek237

A Galaxie Cinema just outside my town is showing QT's first three movies sometime next week I think. I'd like to go, but I have no idea when it is and whether or not you can order tickets that night. All the info I got on it was from a radio ad I heard 2 days ago that I can barely remember so I'll have to do my homework.... :?

As for xixax, you can count me in.

Derek237

Oh, okay...I guess every Galaxy cinema is doing this.

Here's an ad:

Guess I missed out. Shit.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

ono

Okay, so I was thinking, here's how it should work.

Tuesday, October 7th, 10 PM EST - Reservoir Dogs
Wednesday, October 8th, 10 PM EST - Pulp Fiction
Thursday, October 9th, 10 PM EST - Jackie Brown

Meet in the chat room about 10-15 minutes before hand so we can chat for a bit and start our DVDs at the same time, kind of like we did with the PTA film fest.  The late time is to allow the west coasters to get off work and join in with us, and, well, because that's the earliest I can do it.  Hehe.  And really, the worst you're looking at if you watch these is a 12:30 AM bedtime, give or take.  Two and a half hours in a Tarantino film works kind of like dog years, but in reverse.  Any objections, questions, comments, whatevers?

Cecil

no 4 rooms? no true romance?

no nbk?

ono

Well, we could do those, but they aren't really his films, per se.  Because he didn't direct them, I don't see them as having his own touch, as all these others do.  But it's something to think about.  Problem is, I don't see where they'd fit in.

ono

9:50, and no one in the chat.  Looks like this idea has crashed and burned quite nicely!  :-D

aclockworkjj

I just saw QT on Kimmel...that you guys were talking about in the chat.  

I fuckin' loved it....telling the kids to sneak into Kill Bill....that is awesome.  Not to mention it's  very fitting he says it on ABC.  Also owned by Disney, and they also yanked Kimmel's liquor license after only the first few shows.  

I guess, I liked it only cause I completely agree about "R" films not always being that bad.  Sorta depends on the kid.  My parents always took me to "R" films too...I respect that about Tarantino, as I don't know all that much about the guy other than he is a video clerk that made 3(4) movies.  His sorta monologue into the camera was hilarious...