PTA is a bit EXHAUSTED

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, October 31, 2003, 12:10:45 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

I searched for something about this, but haven't found it, so:

Has anyone seen this great documentary about John Holmes?  PTA definetly used it as his basis for Boogie Nights... many of the same shots and situations in Exhausted are in Boogie Nights word for word... and not only that, but...

A friend of mine just pointed out that there is dialog in Exhausted that PTA used almost verbatim in Magnolia... from Mackey's character, when he was being interviewed and was asked about his parents... Holmes is shown in the documentary as being asked the same type of question, and answering with almost the exact same answer that Mackey answered the reporter...

We still haven't found any Exhausted in Hard Eight or PDL yet, but there's always a chance!

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmanhttp://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=272

Haha... i'm the one that posted pretty much the only info on Exhausted there... but I wanted to make a thread on PTA's influence by that doc, not how it relates to Wonderland...

MacGuffin

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickPTA definetly used it as his basis for Boogie Nights... many of the same shots and situations in Exhausted are in Boogie Nights word for word...

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Ohhhh Schnap!!!!!!!..thats cool.....^^^^^^^^^^^

Ghostboy

Damn, that's crazy! I've never seen any John Holmes movies, aside from the clips in that Wadd documentary. Are they as funny as the way Boggie Nights portrayed them?

boombanglarrabee

Damn!  That's a perfect match!

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: GhostboyDamn, that's crazy! I've never seen any John Holmes movies, aside from the clips in that Wadd documentary. Are they as funny as the way Boggie Nights portrayed them?

PTA really got the essense of what was going on during those years for John Holmes... my friend owns pretty much every John Holmes movie there is (at least the good ones...)... it gives me goose bumps to watch boogie nights and exhausted back to back...

Chest Rockwell

I wanted to be John Holmes for Halloween, but my mother wouldn't let me.

mogwai

just wanted to share some caps from julia st. vincent's doc "exhausted" which ya'll might find interesting.

this is where john holmes claims that his director (at the right) bob chinn lets him block his own sex scene. and julia asks him if that's true and bob turns to john and says "i don't allow you to block your own sex scenes". classic moment.

nothing really special about this one but you could easily see through john's lies here. i think in this scene is where julia asks him about his childhood which reminds me a little bit of the interview scene in "magnolia" between frank tj mackey and the interviewee. that moment.

seka. pta based amber waves after her and it's quite obvious that seka's in love with john holmes. and that makes the director a little bit jealous.

any non xxx rated caps requests?

Duck Sauce

where can you buy exhausted? and is it worth it?

mogwai

Quote from: MacGuffinClick here.
i didn't buy it there though.