PDL on DVD

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 02:20:32 PM

Ernie

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Lesterfuck waiting for the special edition so i dont have to buy both

I'm going to wait, as a form of protest, if nothing else. That's $20 I could spend on something else, like Gummi Bears.

Does anyone know if the Sandler/PTA Gummi video is still online? Oh and if anyone can get a screenshot of the Hedwig gummi scene, I will send you a free 24-pack.

Remember when Todd Parker was eating a lot of pudding? I wonder if he did the same with Gummis...

Oh man, he was so cool. I find it hard to believe that he still hasn't found out about this site yet. I really hope he gets here and registers soon if he does know about it. Somebody must know his e-mail.

bonanzataz

I was just over at my local Virgin Megastore and I looked up on their release date board and PDL was listed for June 6. Any validity to these rumors? I think I'm going through Punch-Drunk Withdrawals.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pedro

Quote from: bonanzatazI was just over at my local Virgin Megastore and I looked up on their release date board and PDL was listed for June 6. Any validity to these rumors? I think I'm going through Punch-Drunk Withdrawals.

HEY THAT MEANS I CAN BUY MYSELF A BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!
An early one anyway...mine's the 20th...but FUCK this is not making me happy...I, like many of my fellow posters and PTA junkies, am in serious withdrawl from PDL...any longer and I think im going to cry.

MacGuffin

Comingsoon.net has the PDL DVD release date set for June 24th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Quote from: MacGuffinComingsoon.net has the PDL DVD release date set for June 24th.

Bad, bad, bad move.  It may be good news to fans that PTA is concentrating on adding more special features, but bad news for the general public.  Who the hell is going to remember this movie after the time it takes to get to video stores?  

PTA must have Revolution Studios in the palm of his hand, because if I was head of RS, I would have pushed a barebones release months ago.  How do they expect to make any money off this movie?

Gold Trumpet

they should have released a barebones early april like planned and then the big special edition. its not hard to spend an extra $20 on something like this, especially when this important. And it doesn't even make sense since the big special edition will be more for the enthusiasts of the film than anyone general. The general fans can buy the cheap one, and we can buy the special edition.This release date pushing back is just sad.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

They could've done what they did for American Beauty and just have the VHS come out now and wait a few months for the grand ole DVD.

But really, who does VHS anymore? That was a stupid suggestion.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

New Feeling

Quote from: Pawbloe
Who the hell is going to remember this movie after the time it takes to get to video stores?

Does anyone even remember it now?  It's not like the average video renter/buyer has any idea when things played in theatres, most renters don't even have the sense to skip direct to video shit...People pick stuff up because they like the cover/title/cast.  A movie like PDL was so unsuccessful that I can't imagine the timing of the video release making any difference to anyone but hardcore cinephiles/PTA freaks, and they'll get it whenever it's released.

fulty

Quote from: New Feelinghardcore cinephiles/PTA freaks, and they'll get it whenever
Well, I'm taking that as a compliment. :wink:
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

BackUpOffMeFoo

I used to check this place out from time to time
I used to time this place out from check to check
Tumble weeds and sand storms now

All good things to those who wait.
I'll take a Rib Eye over bare bones any day
With a special feature marinade

April, June, July...
Front row
Center

MD

PS Mac, you killed me with the Brady Bunch ref. Gold.
Serious?

liborcito

Hy guys,
I need a helping hand, I'm Spanish and the distribution of the film here in Spain is very poor, so in my city the film has not released, i'm a PTA fan and i'm dying for watch PDL. I need the PDL's subtitles because i dont unsderstand very well english, but with subs, a dictionay and a little of patient I could watch the film.
If someone could send me the subs I'd be forever grateful, here's my email: liborcito@hotmail.com
Sorry for my english I hope you could "undertand" the msg  :lol: