Dark Horse

Started by wilder, November 29, 2011, 05:42:13 PM

wilder

Romance blooms between two thirty-somethings in arrested development: an avid toy collector and a woman who is the dark horse of her family.

Written and Directed by Todd Solondz
Trailer
Trailer 2
IMDB
Release Date - June 8, 2012

Jeremy Blackman

Yawn.

What happened, Todd Solondz?

Pubrick

he was always boring and irrelevant.

people are just realising that now.

happiness was a fluke.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Meh that's hyperbole. Happiness/Storytelling/Palindromes are all amazing.

Life During Wartime was amazing ...ly bad.

squints

has anyone seen this?

Mod? Where are you?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

socketlevel

I saw it at TIFF in september. I liked it. It's very low budget. It's what you would expect; beautiful, disturbing, and sad. Selma Blair reprises her role from storytelling. If you didn't like todd solondz before, you probably still won't.
the one last hit that spent you...

Reel

apparently this hasn't found distribution yet in the U.S. This is his third quasi-sequel to his first three 'real' movies. Maybe people aren't feeling him as much because he keeps repeating himself? I am glad that Selma Blair is reprising her role from 'Storytelling'. I wanted to see more from that character and always thought she had the best way of delivering Solondz's dialogue.

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

did you check out the ?

Jeremy Blackman

Reel

you're right, that trailer makes it look like a completely different movie!

socketlevel

***SPOILS***

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 04, 2011, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: socketlevel on December 04, 2011, 11:41:31 AMdisturbing

Hmm is the trailer omitting most of that?

It's a strange flick for him because the disturbing elements don't find their way into the film until the last act. the set up is probably the most tame and mainstream of all his films.
the one last hit that spent you...

Jeremy Blackman

wilder

Opens in New York on June 8, followed by a slow expansion.

Reel

cool! gonna take me forever to see this shit. I hope he puts it up on demand like with Life During Wartime.