Can you help with Elvis?

Started by Bruce Lee, August 16, 2004, 06:39:22 AM

Bruce Lee

ok i've done a painting, but which background would go better, a plain white or a plain dark blue?

or

need your opinion!

context, context, context.

mogwai

plain white looks fine to me.

Finn

I met a guy one time who claims he met Elvis (after his death). He was sitting in a mall and a guy walked up in an Elvis costume and accent.  The guy kinda looked away from him for a while and then turned and asked, "Do I know you?". The Elvis guy said, "Maybe so... "Finally the Elvis guy got up and walked off. This guy followed him and saw him get on a bus. While the bus was pulling out, the Elvis guy gave him a wink.

I still don't believe that story...
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Bruce Lee

yeah, great but what does that have to do with the price of fish?

Pas

Quote from: InsomniacI met a guy one time who claims he met Elvis (after his death). He was sitting in a mall and a guy walked up in an Elvis costume and accent.  The guy kinda looked away from him for a while and then turned and asked, "Do I know you?". The Elvis guy said, "Maybe so... "Finally the Elvis guy got up and walked off. This guy followed him and saw him get on a bus. While the bus was pulling out, the Elvis guy gave him a wink.

I still don't believe that story...

Yeah, surely Elvis is still alives but hides in malls wearing his costumes.

Pubrick

i dunno about a background, but u should definitely call it "Elvis' Right Eye is Trying To Escape"
under the paving stones.

pete

those are like, uma thurman eyes.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bruce Lee

fixed the right eye ever so slightly, its still about 95% done so there's some tweaking.

Jeremy Blackman

I like dark blue, but I agree that black could be even better.

But... how did you make it blue? Have you painted that yet, or is it photoshopped?

Bruce Lee

i photoshoped the blu background.....tried the black and it just didn't look that great

Raikus

Put me down for blue. I think it looks good as a near monochromatic.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Bruce Lee

its a little experiment i done to see if i can sell it on ebay

Thrindle

Some Elvis nut would love it.  Rather than ebaying your shit (got drunk last night, lack of vocabulary today), you should comission out your pieces.  I used to work in an art gallery and you wouldn't believe what people will pay (or do) for original work.

Cheers, Nice picture, Go blue.
Classic.

cine

Quote from: ThrindleSome Elvis nut would love it.
Or NOT love it.. since, I think the right eye is going on tour and forgetting to take Elvis with him.