the wire

Started by pete, February 14, 2007, 01:40:51 AM

edison

Quote from: cinemanarchist on February 18, 2008, 06:23:09 PM
Anyone catch episode 8 on demand? Woah...I'm not even gonna say anything but if you have access please check it out now. Do you think HBO is going to make a box with all 5 seasons in it? If so, what do you think it'll look like. My vote is for a stash bag.

I currently dl'ing it now so i'll catch it probably tomorrow. They will better make a box set, I figure they have for their high profile shows (six feet under, sex and the city) so I've always held out on getting the sets and hopefully my patience will pay off.

pete

I'm at my relative's house right now, with my little nieces, my parents are leaving tomorrow.  but I just can't get over how SOMEBODY ON THE WIRE DID SOMETHING TO SOMEBODY ELSE.  goddammit!
oh, and I absolutely loved all the characters in this episode.  Kima became very lovable this season, but she won me over in this episode.  same thing with sydnor, though he didn't do that much.  however, I wish I hadn't seen Shattered Glass 'cause there's an arc that's been developing a little bit too close to that movie, with all the beats.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

context, context, context.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

cinemanarchist

Quote from: ddiggler on February 27, 2008, 11:31:58 AM
Quote from: cron on February 27, 2008, 01:12:05 AM
best episode yet.

if you're talking about 9, agreed

And if you're talking about 8 prepare to change that belief after you see 9. I'm so sad it's all about to end.

edison

Yes it was the best and it really put me through the ringer with my emotions. Glad to see more old faces show up.

Too bad they wont release the last episode early, two weeks of waiting is far too long.

Quote from: cinemanarchist on February 27, 2008, 07:54:06 AM
Quote from: cron on February 27, 2008, 01:12:05 AM
best episode yet.

Are you talking about 8 or 9?

9, today i was on the subway thinking about that horrible last scene with dukie all by himself, and the scene of bubbles anniversary, and i almost started crying. man i cry about everything.
context, context, context.

pete

GODDAMMIT.
It was so good.  Somebody build a time machine quick.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

interview with michael kenneth williams (aka Omar)

http://tv.ign.com/articles/855/855716p1.html

really enjoyed this interview. he talks about the wire, and a bit about the incredible hulk movie.

Fernando

SPOILS OF COURSE

Oh man, there are so many things going on right now that I have no clue how all that will be compressed in one hour.

- MacNulty's fate and so Freamon's, Sydnor's, etc.
- Gus vs. Templeton
- Levy and the awesome discovery via Clay Davis about the leaks from the courthouse.
- Michael after offing snoop (yes!), and Dukie.
- Marlo and crew, plus others like Slim Charles.
- Carcetti finding out about the homeless fiasco.

BTW, am I the only one that feels sympathy for MacNulty? Sure he knew the risk but fucking Kima, Marlo in cuffs wasn't enough, and fuck Herc too, I don't know if he is just plain stupid or doesn't know what the hell is saying.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Fernando on March 03, 2008, 05:30:19 PM
Oh man, there are so many things going on right now that I have no clue how all that will be compressed in one hour.

Lucky for all of us that the finale is going to run 93 minutes!!!

SiliasRuby

Quote from: cinemanarchist on March 03, 2008, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: Fernando on March 03, 2008, 05:30:19 PM

Lucky for all of us that the finale is going to run 93 minutes!!!
Oh fuck yeah. I've tried to ignore all the spoilers in this thread but its tough. I can't wait for the DVD set.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

diggler

damn the finale just leaked. what do i do? ahhhhhhhh!!! (shhhhhh wait til sunday, wait til sunday,)

cinemanarchist

Quote from: ddiggler on March 05, 2008, 07:50:20 AM
damn the finale just leaked. what do i do? ahhhhhhhh!!! (shhhhhh wait til sunday, wait til sunday,)

Don't do it!! From what I hear it's got time-code all over it and property of HBO flashing occasionally. Is that how you want to view the ending of the best thing ever created by man?