Crippled Black Phoenix

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, February 13, 2007, 03:11:36 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/41138/Crippled_Black_Phoenix_ft_Mogwai_Portishead_To

Crippled Black Phoenix [ft. Mogwai, Portishead] Tour
A Love of Shared Disasters set for April 2 release

What do you get when you combine the formidable talents of members of Mogwai, Portishead, Electric Wizard, and a bunch of random bands? As previously reported, you get Crippled Black Phoenix, a supergroup of sorts serving up some sumptuous post-rock confections.

Crippled Black Phoenix's previously noted main course, debut LP A Love of Shared Disasters, has a release date at last: the disc hits UK shops April 2 via Invada Records, the imprint helmed by Portishead principal and CBP producer Geoff Barrow. A Love comes in CD and limited edition 12" gatefold double-vinyl formats, and Crippled Black Phoenix burn through venues across Europe this spring in support of the record. Those dates include a spot at Fernelmont, Belgium's Rhâââ Lovely Festival alongside Pelican, Part Chimp, Audrey, Bracken, and Milenasong.

Oh right, and Portishead? No real news from that front, save a recent Dead Air Space-esque MySpace post from Barrow:

"been working on the new songs
going around in circles every day
but things are progressing upwards
trying to meet deadlines for this year
ive goto go
my little ones cryin"

It's been nearly ten years, man! We're cryin too.

Crippled Black Phoenix:

03-17 Athens, Greece - AN Club
04-02 Geneva, Switzerland - Le Kab
04-04 Rome, Italy - Circolo Degli Artisti
04-07 Fernelmont, Belgium - Rhâââ Lovely Festival
04-11 Birmingham, England - TBA
04-12 Exeter, England - The Cavern
04-13 Bristol, England - The Cooler
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

This should be fun.

Still, I'd rather have Barrow finishing up the new Portishead album, which has been in production forever.

But good time for me to be in my post-rock phase.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I definitely recommend it after having heard some more of their stuff.  It is yet to impress me like all of their solo work, but it is kind of cool to hear the collaborations coming together.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

from the cbp blog

Right....release of the album, sorry it's taking a while to come out, i have given up on doing the math, trying to understand how 3 days delay turns into 3 months etc....but anyway, as far as i know the date is still 2nd April and for the US, all i know at this point is that it's in May.

We have been talking with booking agents in the US and it all is looking very good, so hopefully sometime soon we will make it over there......watch this space........(       )

Finished?

OK, also, you can pre-order the album from the Invada (link) shop , so go do that and you may get the limited version with the lovely screen print poster.

That's it for now, i probably forgot to mention loads of important things, but, as of next week, i'm a bit closer to 40, so that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it. .....oh, and also, thanks for all the kind comments and messages of late, new faces and suchlike......it's appreciated.

Be well.

JG.