trailer remixes

Started by 72teeth, October 04, 2005, 10:55:30 PM

jtm

Quote from: modage on January 21, 2008, 09:38:58 PM
there was a way to make that good.  but that wasn't it.

no no. that was good enough.

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on January 21, 2008, 10:47:24 PM
there are a few messy bits here and there and the kurring shot doesn't really make sense but otherwise i thought that was pretty well done.

That shot was my favorite bit.  It was so utterly out of place, it worked.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I thought it was good. The guy they got to do the voiceover sounds just like Ricky Jay.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

I haven't seen the magnolia trailer in a long time, so that must be why the second half o the trailer, when the music switched, didn't seem like any real parody to me.  loved the first half though.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

The Perineum Falcon

this isn't really a remix. Just brilliant.

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

pete

did he say "fantastic voyage meets malla educacion"?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

I made this a while ago:

MacGuffin

Dark Knight: Toy Story 2

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Yeah I saw that but I think the Toy Story Requiem is much better.

MacGuffin

Star Wars as a silent film:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

That works surprisingly well.  I wish that instead of a montage it would have followed the logic of trying to tell the story in that form.

picolas

effing awesome THUNDERCATS TRAILER

jtm

Quote from: picolas on December 23, 2008, 12:08:48 AM
effing awesome THUNDERCATS TRAILER

holy shit.

i never thought the requiem/toy story2 trailer could ever be topped. but it has been.

the guy who did the special effects for this should seriously be working in hollywood right now. how did he make Brad Pitt look like he's in a full-on lion-o outfit? every frame matched!!! and he turned garfield into snarf!!!

does anyone know what program he might have done this on?

cuz i need it.

MacGuffin

Quote from: jtm on December 24, 2008, 04:00:42 AMdoes anyone know what program he might have done this on?

cuz i need it.

According to SuperHeroHype:

'WormyT' has put together a pretty impressive fan-made trailer for the live action Thundercats movie! He used Brad Pitt, Vin Diesel, Hugh Jackman and more. The effects were done frame by frame in Photoshop and the footage from other films was edited in Adobe Premiere.

Skeleton FilmWorks