Hip Hop

Started by Jack Sparrow, April 27, 2003, 12:43:51 PM

Drenk

I'm not a big fan. But I like the album. These Walls is the song I keep repeating, the rest isn't clear yet.
Ascension.

uhhh as someone who is involved with hiphop pretty deeply, i can safely say this album is horrible.

its very well produced and written and everything but to call this hiphop is an abomination.
incredibly disappointing. maad city stuff was fairly on point, this is basically just someone figuring out who gil scott heron is.

Reel

I don't like his voice, and he raps too fast.

he's trying to sound like a raspy andre. and he also doesn't write any of his shit, fyi to supporters. if killer mikes album got this much praise, i'd understand.

Reel

The song 'alright' was dope.

Yo 3 can you recommend me some dirty south hip hop in the vein of 36mafia,getoboys,pimpc? That's what I've been vibing on tonight

^ mr biggz is actually a big part of the local community and a huge person here, believe it or not.

and my personal favorite, we ride down the street slow as fuck to this shit, smoking:

oh and edit, if this doesnt get you jumping all over the place, something is wrong with you:

Lottery

Quote from: 03 on March 17, 2015, 06:17:11 PM
he's trying to sound like a raspy andre. and he also doesn't write any of his shit, fyi to supporters. if killer mikes album got this much praise, i'd understand.

Huh, where does that one come from?

jenkins

also curious about that because he is indeed credited as a writer on every single song

Lottery

Quote from: jenkins<3 on March 17, 2015, 07:17:06 PM
also curious about that because he is indeed credited as a writer on every single song

Well, there's always the possibility of ghostwriters, but saying he doesn't write any of his stuff just doesn't seem right.

jenkins

yeahbut he's a well-known ghostwriter. he's a ghost. but idk, info about to drop maybe

Lottery

Either way, I thought this album was really great.

I pretty much liked every track- whereas with GKMC, where I wasn't entirely into Backseat Freestyle and Poetic Justice. What's more impressive is that I was involved throughout the whole thing despite it's length, it didn't seem bloated and filler-y like a lot of other long albums. The production was very truly on point here- this is the kinda album that I've wanted hear for quite a while.
I've listened to it a few times now but it's only been out for like 2 days, so obviously my feelings towards the album will gradually change as the year continues.

My only disappointment was that the Colbert song didn't make it but then again, there probably wasn't an appropriate spot for it (upbeat closer would have been awesome though).

well for one i know wtf i'm talking about when it comes to this stuff and it's simply ridiculous for yall to question me at this point.

and two, you think you're gonna have somebody write your shit and want everyone to know about it? thats what ghostwriter means.

jenkins

wait, what. not like your insider knowledge from whispers off the street, just link it. that's all you gotta do

Jeremy Blackman

FYI, I've banned 03 for one week (and archived that post). Normally wouldn't jump to a ban, but he's already on extremely thin ice. I may delete this post later, just wanted to let people know.

Alexandro

shit, I got late to see 03's post. it seemed from the one before, where he says it makes no sense to question him on this at this point, that it was going to get juicy.

I'm really liking the album so far.
I loved the M.A.A.D. City, it's been a favorite for a couple of years now, and this has some great moments.