Apple is the best thing ever

Started by Kal, October 12, 2005, 02:59:39 PM

modage

I never had 3GS so I don't know. But I can tell you this thing is waaay faster than my 3G. (I did side by side tests just opening apps and stuff).  It's also pretty badass you can take HD video and edit and add music right on your phone. But again this is coming from someone who doesn't have an HD Flipcam or something.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

From having seen it at the store for ten seconds, the display is by far the best I've ever seen on a phone.  Or on anything, really.  
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on June 24, 2010, 05:36:20 PM
Sounds like they might have rushed it out a little too soon.  Problems people are reporting range from weird yellow streaks on the display to reception dropping out when you hold the phone by the edges (because the outer rim of the phone is the actual antenna).

no kidding, here is the response Apple is giving to people regarding the reception issue:

it's almost too perfect: the phone that seemingly prides itself on limiting customizability is now even limiting the way you HOLD YOUR OWN PHONE.

you know what.. that sold me, i can't hold back any longer, i absolutely have to buy this phone.

(set up camp)

(starts to rain)

(4 nights later)

and now i ring myself..

NO RINGO YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG!

under the paving stones.

Stefen

I could have made that post from my iPhone. The older model.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Actually, that email response seems totally accurate.

I've been messing around with my co-worker's new iPhone.  The only way the reception is affected is if you wrap your hand around the ENTIRE phone.  Who the fuck holds the phone like that?  You use like two fingers and a thumb... that doesn't affect reception.

If you hold a lot of phones like a mental patient, the reception will drop.

That said, if some phones are actually affected by holding it like a normal person, then shame on Apple.

I'm still waiting for 4G because I'm no dummy.

squints

I just like that steve job's response was essentially the old doctor joke

-Hey doc it hurts when i do this.
-Well..don't do that.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pozer on June 29, 2010, 04:48:05 PM

angry 16 year olds are still putting unfunny cartoons on the internet?

Pubrick

Quote from: Pozer on June 29, 2010, 04:48:05 PM

that was fucking hilarious.

"now my goddamned cat is homeless" hahahaa

and true too. funny and true.

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 30, 2010, 11:31:22 AM
angry 16 year olds are still putting unfunny cartoons on the internet?

maybe, but pozer's video is certainly no evidence of that.

Quote from: squints on June 26, 2010, 01:39:12 PM
I just like that steve job's response was essentially the old doctor joke

-Hey doc it hurts when i do this.
-Well..don't do that.

it's no joke. that's the solution.
under the paving stones.

Tictacbk

Has anyone else installed the software update on their 3g or 3gs?  Jesus christ is it full of glitches.  And ridiculously slow.

©brad

RegularKarate

You guys, neither of these are funny.  They're just two lists and a bunch of cursing.

Tell me what's funny about this?

Pozer

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 30, 2010, 03:09:30 PM
You guys, neither of these are funny.

stop being all RegularKarate and ignore it!

polkablues

Quote from: Tictacbeekay on June 30, 2010, 01:50:55 PM
Has anyone else installed the software update on their 3g or 3gs?  Jesus christ is it full of glitches.  And ridiculously slow.

On the contrary, everything is faster on my 3GS since installing the update. I have heard from a few people that it almost cripples the 3G, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

For my 3G, at first it was draining my battery like crazy!  As in, I'd go to bed with it fully charged, and by the morning it'd be at 70 percent, just on standby mode.  I rebooted it and it was fine.  Now the battery lasts a little longer then it did before the update.  Some things run a little slower, but a few things run much faster.  My Facebook app barely worked before the update, crashing all the time and taking forever to make a comment on something.  Now it works like it's supposed to.

All in all, as of right now, it hasn't made too big of a difference for me.  I'm happy for the slightly longer battery life and the working Facebook app.

If you're having problems, try restarting it or restoring it.