Have you slowed down your DVD purchasing. . .

Started by w/o horse, July 06, 2005, 01:55:36 AM

w/o horse

In anticipation of the next medium.  Is what the subject would have said had I had the room.  I keep hearing backwards compatibility, which  makes me exhale, but then I hear that the difference is as big as VHS to DVD, which makes me inhale.  I've definitely slowed down on buying big movies that I know are going to fastly be available on the future format, but I'm going about the same with miscellaneous releases.  If there's backwards compatibility for sure I don't even really care, I could go on with DVDs for another five plus years.  Hopefully in five plus years I won't have to worry about money to restock.

You?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ghostboy

I've slowed down on buying them, but that's just because of a.) spending way too much money on other more important things (that are still film related) and b.) Netflix.

One thing to consider in that whole VHS to DVD comparison is that the quality really won't mean anything until you have a nice HD tv. I'm not even going to think about buying a new DVD player until I have an HD monitor (I won't say TV, because I want something that I can plug a G5 into).

Also, the imminent format war is going to slow down the changeover considerably.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Myxo

I'm sorta waiting for HD DVDs to become a mainstay. I still buy stuff but in a year or so we're gunna start seeing HD titles getting released and I'm not too interested in re-buying my entire collection.

context, context, context.

RegularKarate

haha... Crono, one more brilliant Simpsons cap you might earn yourself a new title.

GoneSavage

Quote from: GhostboyNetflix.
I used to be hellbent on acquring the best library I could.  Then I moved to California and my disposable income went bye-bye.  Now for the price of buying two DVDs a month, I can watch a new movie every weeknight.

Ravi

Its not that I'm anticipating HD, but I have quite a few DVDs I've only watched once, and unless I find a great deal on something, I won't be buying many DVDs from now on.

Kal

I dont buy as often as before... I used to buy almost every week if there were any good new releases and something else... but everytime I go, maybe once a month, I buy a lot

I dont think the format will change so soon... especially after home video sales being higher than ever. They know how many DVDs they sold in the last 2 years and  they will piss everyone off... so it will take some time

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKaratehaha... Crono, one more brilliant Simpsons cap you might earn yourself a new title.
"elemeno"  :shock:
under the paving stones.

context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

i slowed down but not b/c of the anticipation of a new medium but b/c for the last few weeks there has been nothing but shit as far as new releases go.

Pubrick

the best approach is the samsong approach.

only buy the best editions of everything.
under the paving stones.

Kal

define best and define everything... i dont think we would all agree on whats best or what means everything for each one of us

Pubrick

under the paving stones.