saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Banky

Did anyone ever see Gus Chiggins the old Prospector skit that was on the deleted scenes on the Will ferrel DVD?

cine

Yes I did. At least a dozen times. And it's still fucking hilarious.

SoNowThen

Best skit is still Storytellers.

"...we've stayed up long hours talking about our hatred for immigrants"
"whoa, Neil, leave me out of this one..."
"NO I WILL LEAVE YOU IN!"

"...this next one I wrote after I killed a drifter to get an erection.... ohhh... I paint clown makeup on my penis..."

Hehe
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ravi

SoNowThen

Did you know the legend of Johnny Appleseed was based on Brasky (except for the planting trees and not raping men)?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Banky

Quote from: CinephileYes I did. At least a dozen times. And it's still fucking hilarious.

yeah its one of the best

freakerdude

SNL Season 29 Premiere
JACK BLACK/JOHN MAYER Episode 1320 11:30/10:30pm 10/04/03

Last year, I could barely watch most of the skits. The show Ray Liotta hosted on 1-18-03 was extremely bad....I was embarrassed for them.
MC Pee Pants

cine

Who checked out the season premiere?
I thought it was hilarious.. and was very happy for Will Forte, being promoted to the repertory player.. the sketches were good and Jack Black messed up on John Mayer's name (Myer) and reacted to it immediately following. Great opening to the 29th season.

Ravi

I like the black and white ad for that financial company where the head guy talks about the Christmas list and stuff.

The ad for the razor with about 20 blades is a classic.

Sleuth

Quote from: CinephileWho checked out the season premiere?
I thought it was hilarious..

Uhhh!?!  A terrible episode, I don't know if you're joking or what
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

It wasn't a TERRIBLE episode, it just wasn't great.

JB was really good... what sucked was the Weekend Update which is usually what I judge an SNL episode by.

cine

No, not joking.. I found the show to be very good.. we all have varying senses of humour, folks.. we're not all going to agree on what this show does. Black just gives the show his own authorship when he comes on, and its good.. I prefer that over a Jeff Gordon show.
I'm looking forward to the Timberlake episode because, like Spears and Lopez delivered the characters, I'm betting he will too.

chinaski40

i don't know if this has been said before, but i just got to the end of the thread, and must say that snl died with sandler, farely, meadows and hartman leaving...it has it's moments, but i yearn for the old days; which i'm sure most people at that time were yearning for the days of chevy chase and belushi, but i stand by my opinion that sandler and farley days were the best....

Raikus

I wasn't too impressed with it. However the opening host's monologue (JB's) was one of the best ever.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ono

Just my luck that the opening and monologue were the only parts I missed.  What was so great about them?  Saw everything else, wasn't too impressed except with the wine sketch, which I know, was childish, but I couldn't help but laugh every time Jack Blank found a new way to spit at Seth Meyers.