saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Sleuth

Seems confirmed that Jimmy Fallon will cameo on the second show of its 30th season on Oct 9th.
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

golly-gee......its gonne be awesome :-D  :-D  :-D .i cant wait.they got such great chemistry together....and a unique sense of humor........

when watching the taxi trailer.i loved the big laugh at the end where both are tied up or hanging from something and queen latifa asked "are you okay?"..and fallon responds by saying "yeah"........and then she goes "damn"..... :-D  :-D  :-D ...that sh*t was so funny......

cine

Yeah that trailer was hilarious to watch.

And by hilarious, of course, I mean embarrassing.

modage

(if i havent already said this), the most exciting thing about TAXI coming out is waiting for the inevitable Weekend Update joke about how terrible it is the weekend after it opens.  and knowing tina fey, it should be a good one!  i hope she doesnt take it easy on him.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

with an  :oops: AWKWARD :oops:  cut back to Fallon-replacement, Seth Myers
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02(if i havent already said this), the most exciting thing about TAXI coming out is waiting for the inevitable Weekend Update joke about how terrible it is the weekend after it opens.  and knowing tina fey, it should be a good one!  i hope she doesnt take it easy on him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fallon apologize for Taxi without any provocation.  Not that I'm going to watch it anyways.

Sleuth

BEN AFFLECK TO TOPLINE THE SEASON PREMIERE OF
"SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE" OCTOBER 2 WITH MUSICAL GUEST NELLYsourcetvbarn

"Saturday Night Live" returns to the air on October 2 (LIVE, 11:30pm – 1:00 am ET) for its 30th Season Premiere with popular returning host, Ben Affleck and musical guest, rap superstar, Nelly.

Affleck makes his third hosting appearance on the show. On October 21, Affleck will star in the holiday comedy "Surviving Christmas" opposite James Gandolfini, Christina Applegate and Catherine O'Hara. Most recently, he was seen in the romantic comedy "Jersey Girl," the sci-fi thriller "Paycheck," and the big-screen adaptation of Marvel Comics' "Daredevil."

Affleck came to prominence at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival, when he starred in Kevin Smith's comedy "Chasing Amy" and Mark Pellington's coming-of-age tale "Going All The Way." He captured an Academy Award® and a Golden Globe Award in 1998 for his first script, "Good Will Hunting," which he co-wrote with Matt Damon. He segued into big-budget action with "Armageddon," and was among the ensemble cast of the Academy Award® winning "Shakespeare in Love." Affleck went on to star in the romantic comedy "Forces of Nature," the fantastical comedy "Dogma," "Boiler Room," the suspense thriller "Reindeer Games," the romantic drama "Bounce," "Pearl Harbor," "Changing Lanes" and the political thriller "The Sum of All Fears." His other film credits include "Mall Rats," "Cruz," "Dazed and Confused" and "School Ties."

In 2000 Affleck partnered with Matt Damon, Chris Moore and Sean Bailey to form Live Planet, Inc. LivePlanet's "Project Greenlight" has been nominated for an Emmy®Award for Outstanding Reality Program for the past two seasons and will return for a third season on Bravo.

Musical guest Nelly makes his second appearance on the show – performing tracks from his just simultaneously released two records – "Sweat" and "Suit." The three-time Grammy winner is the first rapper to release two stand-alone CDs on the same day with "Sweat" the more club and street oriented release and "Suit" focusing on Nelly's softer, romantic side. His prior records "Nellyville" and "Country Grammar" have sold 15 million units and produced monster hits including "Hot in Herre," "Dilemma" and "Country Grammar." The first single from "Suit," "My Place" is already climbing the charts and "Sweat's" first track "Flap Your Wings" is heating up in video rotation.

"Saturday Night Live," which premiered on October 11, 1975, is from SNL Studios in association with Broadway Video. The creator and executive producer is Lorne Michaels. Steve Higgins produces. Marci Klein and Mike Shoemaker are producers. Beth McCarthy Miller directs.
I like to hug dogs

modage

oh god, i hope we can make it through 90 minutes without a JLO reference.  jeezus please, wasnt he JUST on making fun of Gigli and trying to revive his career?

also: releasing a movie with Christmas in the title in October=THEWORSTTHINGONEARTH
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02also: releasing a movie with Christmas in the title in October=THEWORSTTHINGONEARTH
We're already into the SNL bashing...

NEON MERCURY

i just realized that this might be one of the worse episodes of snl... even though they all are pretty bad now since the people on the show make carrot top and olando jones look like comedic gods...i have already mentioned how much this show has sucked since hartman, spade, myers, carvey, farley, etc.  [you know, the people who actaully have talent] have left the show...and ever since then watching 'whos the boss' in syndication have provided me with more laughs...maybe i am just old and dont get it...but do peeple really find this show funny...i stopped watching it when 'goatboy', and the cheerleadeer sketches were the shows saving grace.... :roll: .....i  just quit and realiozed that prescious moment of my life were wasted and would have been better spent by spreading vagisil on my lips...and now  the season premier starts off with ben affleck and nelly... :rofl: ...seriously, has there even been more of a worse one-two punch than that?...well, at least it guarantees that  i have not made a mistake by skipping snl over these years...

ono

Last season was one of the best ever.  Every single member of the cast clicked.  The episode with Ben Affleck hosting was excellent, though he's always excellent when he hosts or makes a cameo.  People are way too hard on the guy, and that seems to carry over to anything he tries to do.  Date one superdiva-bitch, make a couple of poor movie choices, and it scars you for life in some people's eyes.

I find it quite ironic that you refer to the years of Spade, Farley, etc. as some of the best, as those are widely regarded as some of the weaker ones.  Granted, Farley was great, as was Sandler, but so many of those episodes in the early 90s were just poor.  SNL ebbs and flows, though.  Two years ago, it sucked.  Last year was amazing.  And, with its current cast (Finesse and Kenan just warming up, continuing on with the greatness of Forte , Armisen, and Meyers ... I'll stop before I name the whole cast, because they really are all spectacular), it will just continue to be amazing, even if Lorne insists on continuing to pick crappy musical guests and questionable hosts.  Some of them just happen to work, and the cast always makes up for it.

cine

I hate this thread more than any other. Ono is always right on and everyone else is too busy bashing the show. So either I stop visiting this thread or I post my thoughts and ignore everyone else's ridiculous comments.

Hey, at least I'm being honest.

modage

Quote from: CinephileI hate this thread more than any other. Ono is always right on and everyone else is too busy bashing the show. So either I stop visiting this thread or I post my thoughts and ignore everyone else's ridiculous comments.

Hey, at least I'm being honest.
i know how you feel. i have threads like that too.  but honestly, i have loved SNL since i discovered it in 5th or 6th grade during the hartman/carvey years.  i'm really not trying to bash the show just to do it.  i watch it out of habit and honestly just stopped finding it funny.  i'm not trying to piss anybody off.  i like most of the cast members a lot.  the hosts and musical guests have been increasingly aimed at younger kids although they can occasionally be good.  i hope its good (or i find it funny again) this season.

ono

Jimmy Fallon is on Leno now for anyone who cares.  All ... three of us.

ono

Wow.  Amy Poehler is Jimmy Fallon's replacement for Weekend Update.  Wow.  Never thought I'd see that.  Haha, they just gave her a little applause for her first joke and then she let out a cute little sigh of relief.  I still say Seth Meyers should do it, but if they're going in a female direction, there's not a better choice.

Episode is decent so far.  Debbie Downer was lame, but the Carville sketch was great.  Love the Clinton appearance -- he's great any time  he shows up.  Oh, and the cold opening went on way too long.