saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

NEON MERCURY

when i started to watch it was mid-to-late-80's-to-mid-90's....

and i tried to get into the nnewer stuff...but i guess i just couldn't get use to
watching bottom level talent...(excluding farrel).....

Sleuth

I know Amy Poehler isn't funny on SNL, but believe me, she's hilarious, and if you don't believe me then get yourself ahold of

Horatio Sanz was also an old member before they got the show, so I guess he may be funny away from SNL too (Gamblor seems to think so) but I don't know
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

i use to watch that show....(not much tough)..i thought is phucking crazy....(in a funnny way)..... :yabbse-thumbup:

cine

Quote from: SlobhI know Amy Poehler isn't funny on SNL, but believe me, she's hilarious

If you truly don't think Poehler is funny on SNL, then you're not a fan of Poehler. There, I said it. I don't care if you have the DVD of the UCB - if you don't find the sketches she writes funny or those PERFECT impressions then I don't know what to say. You have something wrong with you to say "I know Amy Poehler isn't funny on SNL". Something tells me you should stop missing the show...

Sleuth

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: SlobhI know Amy Poehler isn't funny on SNL, but believe me, she's hilarious

If you truly don't think Poehler is funny on SNL, then you're not a fan of Poehler. There, I said it. I don't care if you have the DVD of the UCB - if you don't find the sketches she writes funny or those PERFECT impressions then I don't know what to say. You have something wrong with you to say "I know Amy Poehler isn't funny on SNL". Something tells me you should stop missing the show...

I was exaggerating a little, but I really don't like her on SNL.  Rarely do I find her funny there (Shelly Long in that one Jack Black sketch from this season)

Have you seen UCB?  You may set a new standard for funny :(
I like to hug dogs

cine

Quote from: SlobhYou may set a new standard for funny :(
Yes, we Canadians DID set a new standard for funny :wink:
But anyhow, I know what you're saying. I still find Poehler to be a genius on SNL; she wasn't upgraded to repertory player midway through her first season for nothing, you know...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.i don't see how you guys can still watch SNL  post sandler, farley, hartman, spade, etc.....i try to but at most  the shows are a little above par compared to a  high school remake of little shop of horrors....
I couldn't agree more...i have tried, every once in awhile something grand is thrown in there, but...not often.

Sleuth

I am putting the future of (good) SNL in the hands of Amy, Will Forte, and Fred Armisen
I like to hug dogs

cine

Yes, as am I... especially Forte, as I've creamed my pants several times over his sketches in this thread. It's a crying shame there weren't any amazing Will Forte/Will Ferrell sketches. But I think Forte was put on SNL for a reason - to make us all forget there was a Will Ferrell and that there's only one Will Forte.

cine

And so another SNL episode has passed. Sharpton hosted SNL and it really wasn't that bad at all. Very similar to when John McCain hosted. It was a good move getting Tracy Morgan to come back for some sketches. This could allow him to plug his new show while getting to do sketches with the guy he did impressions of on several past episodes. Very fun to watch - especially their opening monologue. Man, a lot of the sketches were just REALLY fun to watch, and I bet SNL will benefit from the huge media attention they got for getting Sharpton on the show.

Now I'm hoping Elijah Wood is good next week...

Reinhold

first episode that i've actually liked tracy morgan on.

i usually laugh at sharpton anyway-- this was exceptionally funny.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

©brad

i just saw the nick burns computer guy skit for the first time on a rerun and it was hysterical!

"hurry up man, my screen saver is about to kick in!"

hah! classic.

Ravi

Quote from: Cinephile
Now I'm hoping Elijah Wood is good next week...

Maybe Rachel Dratch will play Gollum.

cine

Quote from: ©bradi just saw the nick burns computer guy skit for the first time on a rerun and it was hysterical!

"hurry up man, my screen saver is about to kick in!"

hah! classic.

I always liked when he found something funny and said "L-O-L semi-colon parenthesis!"

Quote from: RaviMaybe Rachel Dratch will play Gollum.
Yeah, if she's even on the damn show! Maya owned this show (but for good reason).

Gamblour.

Quote from: Slobh
Horatio Sanz was also an old member before they got the show, so I guess he may be funny away from SNL too (Gamblor seems to think so) but I don't know

I do? If I did say that, I've changed my mind. I think Horation Sanz is funny on SNL, he wasn't very good at UCB. As for Poehler, haven't watched SNL in a long time, but she's great on that first season dvd of UCB, which had me laughing really at hard. "You are the one who will someday defeat me."
WWPTAD?