saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

modage

Quote from: Gloria
Quote from: Ghostboyat least she actually sang on the second one

She sings?

yeah, 1/2 of the songs she performs on every SNL appearance, the first is always a heavy dance number with no singing and bad bad lip synching, and the second is always the "safe" ballad.  what i love about all these artists really taking chances with their music.  is how the only chances are really on like the first single and maybe a few other songs.  everything else is just as bland as the old stuff and written by some ubersafe ballad songwriter.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Quote from: GhostboyOUTKAST!!!!! NOVEMBER 1st!!!!
Not only that, but The Best of Tracy Morgan airs next week!  :-D

blackmamba

What is it then?
That's not yogurt!

Thank God for reruns.

freakerdude

Quote from: GloriaI know this isn't news or anything, but watching a little bit of SNL, I really realize that Britney Spears can't sing.  Whats with that slow song she did?  I can name at least 10 artists who could have pulled that song off 10 times better than she did.
Anyone can be sugar coated in the studios to sound good. Funny thing, I saw the Spice Girls actually sing on Letterman, I believe. It was horrid to hear how bad they really were. I don't think they ever sang live again after that.

Now who thought this weeks SNL was pretty kicking with Halle? The hoochie girls (Starshina?) birthday sketch was pretty good. I also liked the sketch with the Klymaxx cover song album and the Ashford & Simpson for hire sketch.

Edited: I had to use multi screen (no audio) with the Zimmer skit b/c the World Series was in the bottom of the 9th here on the east while it was on. They must have done it 4 times or so. The one where Halle (was she Pedro?) threw him was a hilariously lame toss.....too funny!

Mad TV came on after SNL was over here in the east.
MC Pee Pants

Banky

i thought that this week was pretty weak and that Mad TV was much more entertaining.  I did however like Weekend Update and The Don Zimmer Sketch.  That will go on best of Horatio Sanz.

cine

I had to tape this week's SNL and watch it later. It was good, but as I expected, not as good as last week's. Does anyone remember the first time Spears was musical guest on SNL and lip synced? The following week, Kid Rock was on with American Badass and at the top of the song shouted, "whats up with Britney Spears lip syncing on Saturday Night Live!?" Something like that. It was funny how he did it.
Anyway, the show was alright. The black SNLers were busy all night. Finesse's Starkesia character is a recurring one in the works.. hope its funnier next time. But I liked the "Can you tell your friends to ..." line from Parnell. Will Forte was once again the highlight of the show for me. The speedreader and the catcher of the Don Zimmer Spectacular Show...

blu

more fred.  we must have more head, i mean fred.

Banky

Pas

Aw man that Fallon joke on the Price is Right's announcer was so fucking lame. The kinda of joke you tell to a close circle of friends and you all die laughing, but NOT the joke to tell on TV. He JUST died...

freakerdude

I thought this weeks SNL was pretty damn good. The opener was shabby but the monologue was pretty good. I have always liked the Regis & Kelly skit. (Rachel)...correction...Amy Poehler does such a great job of doing Ripa and Hammond is great as well. Fallon's ripping of the nasally challenged guy on the Access Hollywood skit is funny but they had to toss it in again later during the show. The Angeline Jolie deal was hilarious....especially when she kicked Kelly's ass.

The obesity coach sketch was good but Horatio seems to be too caught up in the moment or something. Sometimes he laughs too much when he shouldn't and seems to just roll with the flow.

Dre's song was the best and he's the man behind the band anyway.
MC Pee Pants

Raikus

Horatio is probably the worst cast member since Franken, in my opinion. That damn Zimmer skit was abhorrible. He seemed like he'd develop two years ago but obviously he needs to be dumped. I'm sure they can find another fat guy funnier than him.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

Quote from: freakerdudeI thought this weeks SNL was pretty damn good. The opener was shabby but the monologue was pretty good. I have always liked the Regis & Kelly skit. Rachel does such a great job of doing Ripa and Hammond is great as well.

I didn't see this episode, but I'm pretty sure AMY POEHLER OF UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE SEASON 1 DVD NOVEMBER 4 LOOK AT MY AVATAR is the one who plays Kelly Ripa
I like to hug dogs

Pas

Quote from: Slobh
Quote from: freakerdudeI thought this weeks SNL was pretty damn good. The opener was shabby but the monologue was pretty good. I have always liked the Regis & Kelly skit. Rachel does such a great job of doing Ripa and Hammond is great as well.

I didn't see this episode, but I'm pretty sure AMY POEHLER OF UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE SEASON 1 DVD NOVEMBER 4 LOOK AT MY AVATAR is the one who plays Kelly Ripa

I was about to say : "Oh man, all along I tought it was Poehler who did that skit" so it is most probably her.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: blackmambaWhat is it then?
That's not yogurt!

Thank God for reruns.

I mainly miss the commercials...they're not as good as they used to be.  That's Not Yogurt, but also great ones like Robot Insurance, Gator Ade cookie dough, Schmitts Gay, Oops I Crapped My Pants, The I'm #1 hat...

Priceless.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Quote from: RaikusHoratio is probably the worst cast member since Franken, in my opinion. That damn Zimmer skit was abhorrible. He seemed like he'd develop two years ago but obviously he needs to be dumped. I'm sure they can find another fat guy funnier than him.

I hate Horatio Sanz.  If there's one thing I want, it is SNL sans Sanz.

I only watched part of SNL (Coupling comes on at 11:30).  It was alright.  The Regis and Kelly sketch was pretty funny.  "What's over there?"  "That's the border."  "Let's go there."  "Okay, let's go beyond borders."