Peep Show

Started by Bruce Lee, March 28, 2005, 10:28:33 AM

polkablues

Torrenting now.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Six-minute-later edit: And now watching.  Good god, I love the 21st century.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So it's up through the 3rd episode so far.  I've been watching it on Youtube, they have the episodes in 2 part chunks.

I'm finding it funny, and also bizarre that the episodes don't always end in clusterfucks now.  They sometimes provide a glimmer of hope... particularly the end of the first episode and third episode.  And this isn't a bad thing, they're doing it perfectly within the Peep Show environment, it doesn't feel like a new show, but it feels refreshed and new.

Who else is keeping up with the 7th series?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Just watched the third episode, definitely the best of the season so far.  Some of Mark's lines about "Kenneth" had me laughing until I couldn't breathe.  David Mitchell is a goddamn genius, and I don't mean that in the hyperbolic, "Whoever thought to put yogurt in squeezable plastic tubes is a genius" kind of way, but rather that he is an actual Tesla-level genius, except at comedy instead of inventing shit.  So not hyperbolic at all.

Robert Webb is also great, but I've found that I only really like him as a counterpoint to David Mitchell.  I watched a couple episodes of his spoof-the-internet series, "Robert's Web", and it was not great.  It could use some David Mitchell.  Also better jokes.

I'm also very happy to have more Dobbie and less Sophie.  I like Olivia Colman, but that character became unbearably shrill and irritating over the last season.  If they could continue phasing her out, it would really be doing me a favor.  The new girl that Jeremy is pining over is good, but does not hold a candle to Jeremy's true unrequited love, Big Suze.

cronopio 2

don't forget Super Hans knocking at Mark's door with a piece of wood. "CRACK."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cronopio 2 on December 17, 2010, 03:59:00 AM
don't forget Super Hans knocking at Mark's door with a piece of wood. "CRACK."

Or the fact that Mark has the envelope right by the door.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

God, I love this show.  I laugh out loud just reading you guys remind me about it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Fuck, this show is still so good.  But I have to wait another year for more episodes!  Six-episode seasons are the worst thing to come out of Britain since colonialism.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I work with this guy who does a lot of random freelance stuff on all kinds of TV shows and movies and just works at the theater for consistent pay.  One day I told him he might like Peep Show, it seemed like his sense of humor and he was like "Oh, God no."  I asked why but lo and behold, he had worked on a pilot for an international rip off of it for the states.  It was pitched to Spike TV and, as you can tell, it did not go through.

I mostly half believed him about it, but today he just brought me a DVD of the pilot they shot for it.  It's loosely worked around the second episode of the first season where Mark meets Valerie at the party he takes his groceries to (though in the pilot, he's actually taking a shit and doesn't lock the door and she barges in to raid the medicine cabinet and they hit it off).

It's horrible, to say the least.  But for those of you really into Peep Show, it would be an absolute blast to see.  Does anyone know a good, free program for ripping video from a DVD?  I could grab some caps from it at the very least, but it's definitely not much to look at... the two guys playing Mark and Jeremy are incredibly uncharismatic.

modage

Use Mac The Ripper, share this with the Internet. I'd heard about this for a while, would be really curious to see it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Was this the version with Josh Meyer and Jonathan Galecki, or the version with complete unknowns?

cronopio 2

i think constantly about how good the writing on this show is. at least 3 times a day.

Pas

I finally started watching this... the style is definitely weird at first. I can't wait to reach the part where I'm comfortable with the characters. So far so good though

modage

Series 2 Episode 1. You will definitely be settled by then.

Pas

You were all right. This show is beyond funny. Every fucking line is a quote.

Thanks you so much Xixaxers!

Edit: just finished season 2 ... I can't remember loving a show so much

modage

Awesome! Yeah Series 2 is really when it snaps into place. Every episode has so many lines where I'm like "I have to write that down" but forget.