CINEPHILE's ..video game. thread -- about MOVIES!

Started by cine, November 11, 2004, 02:18:58 AM

hedwig

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanSpring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring... the game
In this simple yet innovative MMORPG, the first player to reach enlightenment wins. Earn power-ups in explosive bonus stages where you must climb mountains with a rock tied to your back.

The Five Obstructions: The Vengeance
Make your way through an abstract terrain of artistic barriers. The final stage pits you against von Trier himself: obstruct him before he obstructs you.

I Heart Huckabees: Crisis on Existential Island
Battle an army of nihlists while solving a mystery of personal coincidences. You must escape the island before your essential being blurs into your surroundings under the weight of the inevitability of human drama.

:shock:

Thrindle

Quote from: Stefen
How long have you been holding on to that one?  Felt good didn't it...
Classic.

classical gas

"My Dinner with Andre" the game.  

A: Inquire further
B: Add your own thoughts

Stefen

Quote from: ThrindleHow long have you been holding on to that one?  Felt good didn't it...

I wasn't holding out on anything that felt good. You must be confusing me with your internet boyfiend. Sorry, just had to toot my own horn.

Dancer In The Dark: The Future!

You are Selma, and you have to find the right prescription of glasses for your ugly kid before the photograph of Martys family dissapears. Peter Stormare will aide your quest, but hes a bully, so you should avoid him unless he lets you use his pickup.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Chest Rockwell

SLC Punk!
Salt Lake City. Reagan. Neo-Nazis. Welcome to the world of 1980s Utah. You are punk struggling to survive in the same planet as mods, Nazis, and worst of all, HICKS! As your friend Heroine Bob is holding a party in tomorrow it is your duty to bring the beer, and only some of that good Wisconsin shit. But can you make it in time before the party, or more importanly can you make it alive? With a horde of mods, New Wavers, hicks, Neo-Nazis, politicians, and responsible parents coming after you from all sides this night is sure to be PUNKtastic!

The Big Lebowski: Return to the Front
You saw the adventure in theaters, now take control as either The Dude himself or Walter Sobchek as they think they become conscripted into military service and head to the Middle East! As a pacifist, can you survive the war, or more importantly, can you survive Walter's constant Vietnam references?

Casablanca: Anachronism of the Year 3000
Don't even think about leaving Casablanca, for the city is in martial law. In a World War II even your grandfathers would shit their pants over, it is your job as Space Cadet Bogart to overcome the alien and German plots to overthrow the world. Armed with a space laser and a hover jet, travel through the dark depths of France in search of your girlfriend who was kidnapped by evil robots and spiders from mars, to the ultimate goal of killing the dreaded Adolph-9000!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: wantautopia?Anyway, Death Race 2000 -- it pretty much writes itself.
Actually I think Carmageddon has it covered.

SHAFTR

Starship Troopers.....

well, I guess Halo & Halo 2 are about as close as we are going to get.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Palindromes
As Aviva, you end up getting pregnant. With different Avivas each level, you must fight abortion at all costs! Watch out for that doctor, he's a real prick!

Murderball
You are Mark. You must start from scratch and make your way to the Murderball Championships. Watch out for Joe, he's a real prick!

Grizzly Man
As Timothy Treadwell, it is your job to survive the bears in this adventure game out in the wild! Watch out for that one bear, you get the idea.

Ravi

Citizen Kane- You must try to find Rosebud before you die.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

2001: A Space Odyssey

Breathe, eat baby food, learn how to use the toilet, and float around in space until you reach the last level by turning off the console and you win!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Million Dollar Baby - The Game: Think you can go toe-to-toe with Mo Cuishle? You have six rounds to knock her block off. By any means necessary.

The Aviator Flight Simulation Game: Test fly various airplanes in an effort to push their limits.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Brown Bunny

First person driving.  Make it from New Hampshire to California by using the linear highway.  Are you man enough for the challenge?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ostrich Riding Cowboy

Slacker: The Oblique RTS.  
Amass the College Graduate population of Austin to have them share ideas and accomplish nothing.
DIDI: I missed you . . . and at the same time I was happy. Isn't that a strange thing?