Indie Music Anyone?

Started by A Fire Inside, April 02, 2004, 12:15:52 AM

phil marlowe

o mesh you are so almighty

did you come all this way just to make that obnoxious double post?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Mesh

Quote from: the real philo mesh you are so almighty

did you come all this way just to make that obnoxious double post?

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

The Perineum Falcon

I thought this was interesting. Newsweek mentions The Shins, Iron & Wine, The Postal Service, etc.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4933394/

Maybe the suckage on the radio will end soon?

And a prize to the first person who finds the correct spelling of my name!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

El Duderino

Quote from: ranemaka13
Maybe the suckage on the radio will end soon?

doubtful. it seems to be getting more popular with bands like Hoobastank or Puddle of Mudd and it really really sucks. i'm done with that phase.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Mesh

Quote from: ranemaka13I thought this was interesting. Newsweek mentions The Shins, Iron & Wine, The Postal Service, etc.

Don't be so Sub Pop-centric.  Broken Social Scene, Franz Ferdinand, and The Faint are even less likely mentions.

FF and The Shins deserve to be famous.  The rest: good, but eh.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: ranemaka13I thought this was interesting. Newsweek mentions The Shins, Iron & Wine, The Postal Service, etc.

Don't be so Sub Pop-centric.  Broken Social Scene, Franz Ferdinand, and The Faint are even less likely mentions.

FF and The Shins deserve to be famous.  The rest: good, but eh.
Did it on accident, promise! It could be that I'm not very Indie-experienced. But I'm open to suggestions and the one's mentioned have been taken into consideration.

But I do find it odd that The Shins aren't more popular (or popular at all). Though, I did hear a clip of "Young Pilgrim" on Mtv's "Pimp My Ride," no less.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Mesh

Quote from: ranemaka13But I do find it odd that The Shins aren't more popular (or popular at all). Though, I did hear a clip of "Young Pilgrim" on Mtv's "Pimp My Ride," no less.

For a Sub Pop record, Chutes Too Narrow has done really well, actually.  But I know what you mean.