bad movies with good casts

Started by El Duderino, March 17, 2004, 07:49:06 PM

El Duderino

you know there are a lot of bad movies with good casts.

my picks:
Hurly Burly
Life of David Gale
Domestic Disturbance
Mona Lisa Smile
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

pete

masked and anonymous
cradle will rock
north
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

El Duderino

Quote from: petemasked and anonymous

wow, i forgot how bad that movie was, good call

NEON MERCURY

BATMAN FOREVER
-Jim Carrey
-Nicole Kidman
-Val Kilmer
-Tommy Lee Jones-Drew Barrymore
-Chris o' Donnell

mogwai

Quote from: NEON MERCURYChris o' Donnell
:?:

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: NEON MERCURYChris o' Donnell
:?:

hahahahahaha... i know what you mean Mog...... i was just trying to find as many "sorta well known names" to beat out masked and anonymous..:wink:

Find Your Magali

Quote from: rustinglasscon air

:shock:

No you didn't!!

Con-Air is a pure popcorn classic.

Here are some bad movies with good casts:

Hook
Dick Tracy
Deep Impact

And one ultimately disappointing movie with a great cast:

State and Main

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

rustinglass

con air is just a pot of bad jokes

AIRPLANE GUY: Cy........
MALKOVICH: ...onara!
boom

and only a good one.

STUPID GUY: What is this?
MALKOVIC:  This is a rock.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Find Your Magali

Quote from: rustinglasscon air is just a pot of bad jokes

AIRPLANE GUY: Cy........
MALKOVICH: ...onara!
boom

and only a good one.

STUPID GUY: What is this?
MALKOVIC:  This is a rock.

Rule of Cinema #3234: No film that casts Steve Buscemi as a serial killer can be entirely bad.

Buscemi's best quote: "Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

That screenplay deserved an Oscar nomination.  :wink:

molly

The Rock - so much unused potential
also My Big Fat Greek Wedding - somebody else could have done more with that script, at least the first half

El Duderino

Kal

Quote from: mollyMy Big Fat Greek Wedding - somebody else could have done more with that script, at least the first half

are you crazy? people wouldnt even consider doing that script... and nobody in their lives expected the kind of success it had... the movie was perfect as it was... that is why it was such a success and a once in a lifetime thing for nia vardalos

godardian

The House of the Spirits. also based on a good novel. Just a bad movie.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.