THE MARS VOLTA---> AMAZING

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 10:05:26 PM

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Stefen on January 29, 2008, 04:09:18 PM
The new album is terrible. Jon Theodore's presence is sorely missed. His percussion was the best thing about this band. Now it's just silly seeing these two midgets dancing around on stage like they're possesed while they play terrible music.

First two albums are really fantastic though.

I don't care... I've already bought my ticket for their show here (Copenhagen) February 22.

And guys guys guys, that an original bandmember leaves a band is such a classic hipster excuse to jump of the bandwagon... I guess Pitchfork is worse than Scientology  :ponder:

Stefen

Quote from: thooor on January 30, 2008, 03:04:26 AM
The new album is terrible. Jon Theodore's presence is sorely missed. His percussion was the best thing about this band. Now it's just silly seeing these two midgets dancing around on stage like they're possesed while they play terrible music.

I don't care... I've already bought my ticket for their show here (Copenhagen) February 22.

And guys guys guys, that an original bandmember leaves a band is such a classic hipster excuse to jump of the bandwagon... I guess Pitchfork is worse than Scientology  :ponder:

That is a hipster excuse, but in this case it's true. Jon Theodore's and timing was the perfect thing to keep the other guys in check, with that gone, they've lost their fucking minds.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Stefen on January 30, 2008, 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: thooor on January 30, 2008, 03:04:26 AM

That is a hipster excuse, but in this case it's true. Jon Theodore's and timing was the perfect thing to keep the other guys in check, with that gone, they've lost their fucking minds.

ok, some time has gone now and I realize that they new album is not long-lasting... But I still think it's pretty awesome.... and you are right Cedric is pretty annoying listening to in the long run.

Stefen

You're only saying that because the Pitchfork review came out and they blasted it!!

haha, naw, just kidding. I listened to it once and haven't listened to it again. Each of their albums just get worse and worse and more pretentious and cheezy. I loved Deloused, liked FTM, hated Amp, and couldn't care less about the new one. I don't even remember what it's called.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

Pitchfork has NEVER liked The Mars Volta! How could their opinion matter in this issue? And I'm not sure about Theodore leaving being the biggest deal, now that I think about it. Their live shows are torturous when they start jamming.

I have heard Wax Simulacra played everywhere, btw. Heard it in fucking New Zealand on the radio, then at a bar here today. Don't understand it, it's the least appealing radio song I've ever heard.
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Gamblour. on February 15, 2008, 08:00:31 PM
Pitchfork has NEVER liked The Mars Volta! How could their opinion matter in this issue? And I'm not sure about Theodore leaving being the biggest deal, now that I think about it. Their live shows are torturous when they start jamming.

I have heard Wax Simulacra played everywhere, btw. Heard it in fucking New Zealand on the radio, then at a bar here today. Don't understand it, it's the least appealing radio song I've ever heard.

I hate radio....or at least radio where I come from...

Sigur Rós

I will see these guys tomorrow...and I will write my honest opinion in here!