Schindler's List on DVD?

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 01:50:43 AM

abbey road

maybe im wierd but i like watching PTA and schindlers list over and over- sure they can be melodramtic but thier really beautiful films. wendys gimick for the square hamburgers is that they dont cut corners-- ha ha zing! yea but i dont like spielberg much easier, he sells out on a regular basis, but schindler's list is the one spielberg film that not like any other, and it just hits all the right spots, and its not mcdonalds cause most people dont really like it, they just go o that was sooo depressing and pretend it made them decide to buy israel bonds or somthing. schindler's list is great and should never be compared to fast food for the love of god.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

bonanzataz

Quote from: abbey road"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"

ugh... worst line in a movie ever.

i am such a bitch
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MrBurgerKing

i don't know Mayor McCheeses political policy, but I say we impeach him. c'mon, you know nobody knows his political policy, they only voted for him because of the name. does this guy even exist?

abbey road's reply is probably one of the highlights of my life. good job.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MrBurgerKingabbey road's reply is probably one of the highlights of my life.

Yep, you're single.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MrBurgerKing

I can tell that MacMuffin has nothing but contempt for me.

MacGuffin

From The Digital Bits:

We have it from very reliable sources that Universal is prepping a Schindler's List special edition tentatively set to be released in February of 2004. Sadly, Spielberg said no to audio commentary, but there will be lots of other extras.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Universal Home Video have finally confirmed that Steven Spielberg's critically acclaimed film Schindler's List will be available to own for the first time next year. The confirmation that everyone had been waiting for arrived in a Video Store Magazine article
"It's fair to say that the one big title in our vault that hasn't been out on DVD is Schindler's List," he said. "It's coming in 2004."  
I'm afraid we don't have any further details on this at the moment but we expect more information to arrive over the next couple of months.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

From The Digital Bits:

This is a quick update to let you know that we heard an actual street for Universal's upcoming Schindler's List DVD. Word from retailers in the know is that Universal expects to release the disc on March 9th of next year. They've also been informed by the studio that The Sugarland Express and Duel will follow in 2004, so good news for you Spielberg fans.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The last remaining major Steven Spielberg film not yet released on DVD, Schindler's List will celebrate its tenth birthday in 2004, and buzz continues to rage on the Internet about a pending DVD release. Recent overseas adverts have indicated a release date in early March, but so far Universal Studios Home Video has remained mum on just what, if any, their plans are for the release.

But longtime Spielberg publicist Marvin Levy did have a few words to say about the rumors, confirming that those looking forward to an imminent DVD release in honor of the 10th anniversary of the Academy Award-winning masterpiece are "on the right track," although both Spielberg and the studio are "not yet certain about a specific date." And what of extras, including a long-rumored extended cut of the film with deleted material? Although a few of the director's earlier DVD releases have included deleted material, such as JAWS, or extended versions, including both 1941 and Close Encounters, "You know where Steven is on deleted scenes at this point," Levy elaborate, adding that Spielberg "does not what to get into [a situation of], 'I could have put this in and here's why.' Or, 'I love this scene but I had to cut it.' I wouldn't bet that, whenever Schindler's List comes, that you will likely see a deleted scene."

Also to be absent from the release will be any alternate audio tracks; many had hoped Spielberg that would change his no commentary policy for Schindler's List, given its highly personal subject matter. But the release wil instead feature another extended documentary, produced by longtime collaborator Laurent Bouzereau. "He gives so much when he does his interviews" that he feels commentaries are redundant, Levy explains, but not before offering one last ray of hope: "That is not to say he won't someday change his mind."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Universal studios will release Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List on March 9th (SRP $26.98 ). The single-disc set will be packaged in both Digipak and keep case packaging (the disc will be DVD-18 - dual sided, dual layered). Separate anamorphic widescreen and full frame versions will be available, both with audio in English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, as well as English DTS 5.1 audio (along with English captions and French and Spanish subtitles). To our knowledge, there will be no extras on this DVD. There will also be a gift set version available (SRP $79.98 ) that will include the anamorphic widescreen version of the DVD along with a coffee table book, the CD soundtrack, a senitype cell and a certificate of authenticity. Reportedly, this title is being co-marketed with the DVD release of the Steven Spielberg-produced TV miniseries Broken Silence, although we have no details yet on that. Here's a look at the cover art and the gift set.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I'm not trying to decorate an empty house, so I'll just take the single disc. Thanks.

mutinyco

But how can you live knowing that you don't have the collector's book? You'll feel deprived that other people are more special and develop an inferiority complex.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

NEON MERCURY

yeah .....gotta go w/ the one disk.....that collectors set is way to much ffor what little you get......

BTW what type of case is a "digi-pack"

thnaks for da news MAcG

Pubrick

i'm going to buy several copies of the collector's disc and give it to all ur friends and family.
under the paving stones.

Alethia

im buying the fuckin collectors edition