Television?

Started by Weak2ndAct, November 01, 2003, 05:28:34 PM

Weak2ndAct

Perhaps this is not appropriate for the board (it is for 'cinephiles and those who make movies'), and perhaps this has already been suggested before, but I'd like to see a forum dedicated to TV.  Sure, there's a lot of shit on, but there are a few shows that I adore (almost anything on HBO, 24, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, etc.) and think they're worthy of discussion.  Reality shows aside, there are some interesting, challenging, and very film-like programs out there-- just few and far between.  Just a thought.

Sleuth

Hmmmm, I don't really feel strongly toward any side, but I would probably post something really insightful if we had a TV forum
I like to hug dogs

Pas

Cool new av, Sloth

Like the idea, too

aclockworkjj

well, there are numberous threads about different shows...you are right though, maybe there should be a place for them, cause they usually end up in Idle Chatter.

I don't think tv is a bad thing here, there are movies made for tv.  anyone watch jeopardy?

Sleuth

Quote from: aclockworkjjanyone watch jeopardy?

Yeah, now and then I'll get hooked on it

I love it when someone just slays the other 2 contestants, that's great.  Especially when it's like, some old guy who has a blue collar job.  Quality TV
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

One new forum proposal at a time. We're still working on the Foreign Film one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: MacGuffinOne new forum proposal at a time. We're still working on the Foreign Film one.
Well... excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Jeremy Blackman

I think Everything Else Cinema is good enough.

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MrBurgerKing

I have contempt for the TV industry in general. I love the show 24 though, what an exciting series. Mainly I love that it takes place in one day. There's so little time in one day and so much is accomplished in the show. On my lazy days I consider it an accomplishment to even go outside and check the mail, so it's exciting to watch Jack Bauer out-do me.

Pas

TV is good if you know what to watch, and have cable/sattelite.

Social french quebec TV is great, Tele-Quebec is the best channel ever. ARTV is awesome too. I'm glad to be a frog.

And there's always the Space Channel, when it's not fantastic sci-fi it's often intelligent.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffinOne new forum proposal at a time. We're still working on the Foreign Film one.

yeah, right. That idea has been dead in the water for months.

~rougerum

classical gas

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI love the show 24 though, what an exciting series. Mainly I love that it takes place in one day.

You should check out the show 60.  Takes place, one second for each episode, in one minute.
Yeah, it's a skit on Conan.

Newtron

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetyeah, right. That idea has been dead in the water for months.

~rougerum
That's the joke.

phil marlowe

i dig the idea. though i wouldn't be able to take part in the dicussion i will have the ability to get influenced to download shit.