favorite dvd menu

Started by Jack Sparrow, August 21, 2003, 12:26:46 PM

Jack Sparrow

here's a couple of favorites:

which are yours?

SoNowThen

Element Of Crime
--mostly for the sound--
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gamblour.

Requiem for a Dream
Se7en
Six Feet Under
Catch Me If You Can
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

And Punch Drunk Love has the best case ever, the part the folds out, it's so pretty...I just wanna smash it.
WWPTAD?

phil marlowe

i don't know about favorite but i fucking hate those overanimated menus that takes like 10 seconds for every single step in the menu. if i want something nice, i'll watch the actual movie.

Raikus

An Evening with Kevin Smith
Dark City
House on Haunted Hill
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

requiem for a dream is the best one i've seen.

Redlum

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: phil marlowei don't know about favorite but i fucking hate those overanimated menus that takes like 10 seconds for every single step in the menu. if i want something nice, i'll watch the actual movie.
aye, i hear ya.. the mummy returns is one of them... zzzzzzzzz...

Ah man dont get me started, they look cheap too.

I thought the menus on the first release of TRAFFIC were excellent. I haven't seen the criterion ones, but these were definately of a criterion standard.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Cecil

i like the cecil b. demented menu. band of outsiders and boogie nights is pretty good.

one thing i hate about menues is when, lets say, you go to the set-up option, music starts and every time you select something, the song stops and starts over again,so you hear the first 2 seconds of that music like three times before you hit "play" at the bottom or "return to main menu" sigh

Find Your Magali

The Spinal Tap menu deserves a mention for the group's blathering while the menu first comes up. Funny stuff.

NEON MERCURY

..spider..
.memento.limited..edition
.straw dogs criterion
..waking life..
blue velvet .s.e..
frida..
the ..limey
the ring.
.from .hell
dogma spec. editoin.
requiem for. a dream
six. feet.. under.  seasone one.
American Beauty

.............and minority report and L.O.T.R.:  F.O.T.R..four disk set.

Ghostboy

Man, the Memento Limited Edition is one of the worst ever. It's a cool idea, but I don't want to solve puzzles to get my extra features (I think there's a thread somewhere all about this).

I think I really like static menus with nice artwork most of the time. I'd rather not have to wait for an animation to finish before I can acces the menu, even if the animation is cool. Criterion menus are usually pretty simple, as are PTAs and Wes Anderson's.

Eraserhead's is awesome, just because it's a very rare deleted scene all by itself.

IHeartPTA

same way, i have the memento limited edition, there's a lot of stuff on it, except, i'm too lazy and not smart enough to figure it out.

fight club menu is cool
requiem for a dream - real nice
zoolander is basic but nice
spinal tap - funny commentary
amelie - french and cool
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Cecil

pink floyd the wall is pretty snazy as well

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedpink floyd the wall is pretty snazy as well

...so true about that one..forgot to mention that disk

IHeartPTA

indeed, let's not forget about the movie...

that was good as well

the music, i heard pink floyd also does music
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal