Retard negro makes good

Started by Ghostboy, August 20, 2003, 08:15:46 PM

Alethia

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffinGooding Takes NAACP Award for 'Radio'

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Receiving the NAACP's Image award for his portrayal of James Robert "Radio'' Kennedy was particularly sweet for Cuba Gooding Jr., who was stung by criticism that his portrayal of the mentally disabled man was too negative.

"I'm proud of the performance because the man's mannerisms were very indicative of the character that I portrayed,'' Gooding said after receiving the best actor in a motion picture award Saturday night.

"A lot of the situations in the movie came from actual events,'' he said. "Sometimes the truth is hard to watch but it's my job to bring the truth to the screen.''

Kennedy became an inspiration first for the football team at T.L. Hanna High School and then the entire community.

:shock:

And that illustrates the sad state of positive portrayals of black men in the movies this year.  I guess next year, the winner will be whichever actor slaps the least amount of bitches in his movie.   :roll:

modage

Quote from: hacksparrowAnd that illustrates the sad state of positive portrayals of black men in the movies this year.  I guess next year, the winner will be whichever actor slaps the least amount of bitches in his movie.   :roll:
i guess that means it WONT be that old bag from Ladykillers who slaps that black bitch marlon wayanas then...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.