Which Exorcist dvd is better???

Started by Ernie, August 11, 2003, 12:15:36 AM

Ernie

Can't decide which one to buy - The 25th Anniversary Edition or The Version You've Never Seen???? Can you help me out?

MacGuffin

In terms of extras (and my personal favorite version of the film), "25th Anniversary" wins out:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=722
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek237

Yeah, the 25th anniversary is better. Some of the deleted scenes from TVYNS are in the fear of god documentary anyway....but I'd reccomend buying both. I did. And it's good to be able to choose which one you want to watch. They should make an SE DVD that gives you the option to watch either....

filmcritic

Obviously the 25th Anniversery, but it's also a much better version of the film. Plus many more special features. I also really like the documentary. It goes on so long that it's almost like a bonus movie.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ernie

Alright, cool...thanks a lot. I was leaning towards that one, any apprehension I had came from the more recent release of The Version You've Never Seen.

Ravi

Keep in mind that there were 2 DVD release of the original cut.  A plain version and the Special Edition with the gold banner.

modage

ive got the 25th anniversary, so my vote is for that one.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.