stupid fun comedies

Started by bonanzataz, July 15, 2003, 08:19:57 AM

Sleuth

oh come on, he's just toying around.  How bored would YOU get writings all of those reviews
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

That review is a little embarassing. But he's just having fun... a little selfish...

Alethia

i love ebert, despite things like that.....didga ever read his review of halloween H2O?  not that the movie deserved a hell of a lot, but i thought it was a tad unfair

godardian

Best stupid fun comedy: Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. Okay, maybe it's not THAT stupid, but it's sure as hell funny.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Derek237

Quote from: XixaxI'm more of a Roeper guy.

Finally, someone who prefers Roeper. I'm surprised by how many people hate him and actually personally attack him... :shock: His taste in movies is better than Ebert's IMO. Especially when it comes to stupid fun comedies- He gave Old School thumbs up while Ebert gave it a big thumbs down.

Sigur Rós

I saw the stupedest, and most lame, comedy easterday it was called 'Bring It On'. This is a warning: Stay away from this movie!

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur RósThis is a warning: Stay away from this movie!

no.

ono

Roeper's taste, like his personality, is something I've found to be rather immature.  Not to mention, he's rather loud-mouthed.  I like Ebert's more subdued, mature tone.  Ebert has honed his taste over years, and I've found it to be one of the most consistent and reasonable things around.  There are very few movies I disagree with him about, and, as has been said before, even when I do disagree, he always explains where he's coming from quite well.  The WHAS review shouldn't be held against him.  He was in a bad movie, sick of it, and simply conjured up a send-up to that old familiar camp song.  Like I said, it was quite creative even if it dragged on a bit.

Derek237

Well let's not get into a huge debate about Ebert and Roeper, unless anyone wants to make a thread about it (which I'd be more than glad to post arguments in  :wink: ).

ono

Derek237

Damn. Called my bluff.  :P

yarnboy

"signature quotes are dumb"

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

freakerdude

The Jerk - a classic
Spaceballs
CB4
Don't Be A Menace
Deuce Bigelow
Not Another Teen Movie....I won't bore you with the cover.

Aw, what the hell

MC Pee Pants