3 chip camera vs. 1 chip camera

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, July 11, 2003, 03:40:25 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

I was playing around with some color editing tools the other day, and I was wondering... could an expert colorist match the colors obtained from a 3-chip camera on footage captured from a 1-chip camera? I mean, is it actually possible, or are there things that exist in the image of a 3-chip camera that can never be brought out in footage from a 1-chip camera? I was actually able to make an image from a 1-chip camera look quite good after doing some color correction and contrast correction on it.

Nick

SoNowThen

as a tangent -- can you get cheap color editing programs for pc use in home editing?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

I dunno....I am stupid, but I would rather have a 3 chip camera if I was doing anything that meant anything to me.....

I guess it's just a standard, I am not quite sure why, nor do I care...all I know is when Canon tries to sell me an XL-1 based on it's "pixel-shift 3 CCD" technology...I am reeled in like those dumpshit little bluegills I used to catch as a kid.......

Either way....there are tons of resources out there, and I think it just depends on what use you make of them....