Spike Lee

Started by Ghostboy, June 26, 2003, 01:24:38 AM

©brad

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: MacGuffinpersonal attack.
christ...here's another term being thrown around too much.  
I don't think he was attacking anyone.

...and words are sometimes twisted like a muthaphuck around here.  

i just wish spike lee would just be a filmmaker and not such a voice.

yeah, i hate it when filmmakers try to say something w/ their movies. ass.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI wonder, though, if you actually disagree with me, or you just really like stirring up shit.  Because you never seem to provide any opinions of your own unless you see someone post something you disagree with, or can find a way to twist their words.

How can I debate if I don't know where one is coming from? Like I said, I didn't see your opinion other than a comparison and wanted to know if that was your sole basis of not liking the film. Geez, forgive me for asking why instead of just saying "Fuck you for not liking it."

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaYou must get bored very easily.

Unnescessary personal attack. No where did I weigh against you personally.

And because of those comments you made above, nevermind.
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4444

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: aclockworkjji just wish spike lee would just be a filmmaker and not such a voice.
Yeah, he should make movies like John Singelton :roll:

aclockworkjj

no, not saying his films shouldn't say something, but he needs to just really...now really, needs to just shut the fuck up sometimes. if he just let his films speak for themselves, cool, he does not.

©brad

Quote from: aclockworkjjno, not saying his films shouldn't say something, but he needs to just really...now really, needs to just shut the fuck up sometimes. if he just let his films speak for themselves, cool, he does not.

what r u talking about? his movies or what he says in addition to them, like in interviews and stuff?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ©bassin addition to them, like in interviews and stuff?
he has become a public voice, this wannabe leader...i wish he would just be a filmmaker.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: ©bassin addition to them, like in interviews and stuff?
he has become a public voice, this wannabe leader...i wish he would just be a filmmaker.

I agree. He's such a great filmmaker, but would not be a very good "leader". I actually think his public personna is annoying as hell.
Si

Stefen

I just watched the 25th hour but went to go have a smoke. When I came back Barry Pepper was beating the shit out of Ed Norton. Can anyone explain to me why he was doing that? There was no indication of it before, not any after. And I watched it on Starz and don't have an easy option of watching it again.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenI just watched the 25th hour but went to go have a smoke. When I came back Barry Pepper was beating the shit out of Ed Norton. Can anyone explain to me why he was doing that?

Sorry, but you have to see it. Telling you would cheapen it. So my answer to your question would be: Quit Smoking.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

monodynamic

Stefen

Quote from: monodynamiclover's quarrel

Did he hook up with Naturelle or something? I was thinking that but didn't get that impression from the rest of the movie. By the way mono, nice avatar.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

monodynamic

*spoiler*

Well, you are too mature for my sarcasm. I was going for a Norton/Barry Pepper gay lover's quarrel but tis not the truth you see.

MaC is right about ruining the powerful scene for ya, but if you must know, a part of it is at the insistence of Norton himself, egging on Pepper to give him some nice bruises/cuts/etc. to look like he is one tough mofo in the ass pounding joint. Pepper then goes crazy.

Stefen

Quote from: monodynamic*spoiler*

Well, you are too mature for my sarcasm. I was going for a Norton/Barry Pepper gay lover's quarrel but tis not the truth you see.

MaC is right about ruining the powerful scene for ya, but if you must know, a part of it is at the insistence of Norton himself, egging on Pepper to give him some nice bruises/cuts/etc. to look like he is one tough mofo in the ass pounding joint. Pepper then goes crazy.

Ah okay. That makes sense. I loved this movie, for some reason I think it is one of Lees best. Up there with DTRT, and above most of his other stuff. Definetely something I will be buying.

freakerdude

I just caught the 25th Hour on Starz VOD. Only DTRT would compare to my appreciation for this movie. He seemed to have made a change of direction with this movie (see note below). I feel he may have possibly incorporated other director's styles into it or it's just that I haven't seen any of his latest movies. I really enjoyed this movie and I have no racial bias towards him b/c I don't care to listen to his interviews. It's damn worth renting IMO and it might be my first Spike DVD.

I have seen She's Gotta Have It, School Daze, DTRT, SOS, and Mo' Better Blues.

I liked SOS while X was OK but kind of boring IMO.
MC Pee Pants

Stefen

Summer of sam i liked alot. Ive talked to people who hated it with a passion. It opened on my 17th birthday so it was the first R rated film I saw legally by myself.