casablanca 60th anniversary 2-disc set

Started by Cecil, May 26, 2003, 05:31:59 PM

Cecil

found this on dvdangle.com:

Casablanca fans, this is the announcement you've been waiting for. It looks like our favorite classic is finally getting the DVD release it deserves. A  60th Anniversary two-disc set will hit stores on August 5th, with a newly-remastered transfer taken directly from original nitrate picture and sound elements, and presented in the film's original 1.37:1 aspect ratio. As for extras, look for ten minutes of recently discovered deleted scenes and outtakes, two audio commentary tracks, a featurette called The Children Remember, and two documentaries: You Must Remember This: The Making of Casablanca and Bacall on Bogart. If that weren't enough, the release will also include the original Screen Guild Players Radio Production of  Casablanca, scoring session outtakes, and trailers.

Keep your eye on our very own Vincent's most excellent Casablanca website at www.vincasa.com for any additional news.

Pas

This is greaaaaat ! Anyone scene those new scenes ? Any good ?

Cecil

maybe its that alternate ending this kid named bart i heard found

Pas

Most probably is  :lol:

(I typed "scene those new scenes" ...wow)

Gold Trumpet

One of the audio commentary tracks will be by Roger Ebert. I'm buying this definitely

~rougerum

Pas

Roger Ebert...arghhh...I'll always remember the Lost Highway ad saying : "Two thumbs down, Ebert and Roeper". Hilarious

MacGuffin

Quote from: BoothRoger Ebert...arghhh...I'll always remember the Lost Highway ad saying : "Two thumbs down, Ebert and Roeper".

You have a bad memory then. Gene Siskel was still alive when that movie came out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

dufresne

i always appreciate when news like this breaks.  Because i was just going to buy the regular dvd version of Casablanca.  thanks!
There are shadows in life, baby.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks