Beetlejuice 2

Started by Duck Sauce, January 17, 2003, 01:15:39 PM

Duck Sauce

From Aint It Cool News
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=14214

BEETLEJUICE 2 in development again... wait till you get a load of the premise...
Hey folks, Harry here... Seems that the knuckleheads at Warners are continuing to chain the chimpanzees in suits to desks and have them typing random memos at computers... Really is amazing... In a way, I'm a bit stunned that they even remember BEETLEJUICE and that they believe the audience does to... that sort of cough VINTAGE cough film often escapes their glances! (Does this mean there's hope for that SWORD AND THE SORCEROR Sequel at last with Russell Crowe playing Prince Talon in TALES OF THE ANCIENT EMPIRE?) Heh...
Anyway, you didn't want to hear about my dreams and wishes, but about the reality that faces the ghost with the most. It seems that the producers: Brillstein and Grey are seeking a screenwriter to flesh out the following bit of genius.
"Beetlejuice has been banished into limbo where he meets up with an URBAN version of himself who helps him wreak havoc on an inner-city environment."
An "Urban" version of Beetlejuice... I'm suspecting that's code language. The references to an 'inner-city environment' sounds suspiciously like we're going to see something possibly a bit politically incorrect and insane... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, if they are going to be choosing an 'urban' version of himself - would that be being played by the likes of Chris Tucker/Eddie Griffin/Chris Rock or John Leguizamo or Eminem? Hmmmm... What do you think they're up to?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know AICN isnt always the most reliable, but I pray that this doesnt happen. The first one was such a great, original movie and I know that the second is going to wind up without Burton as a CGI mess. Please no.

Victor

Id rather see the "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian" version.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: LesterId rather see the "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian" version.

Elaborate

NEON MERCURY

.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ..man that would be so stup[id]..if they did this sequel..

***beady***

Urban? Hmm...I have funny images of this.
It should be interesting. But Beetlejuice is a classic in my eyes. I think if they did do this sequel, there would be a lot of critisim on it if they didn't capture his personality right.
I always loved the huge dead guy with a shrunken head.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Urban!?!?

Just say 8-Mile 3 times and...

Yo, yo, This be Beetlejuice

I'm what the
ladies like
I wear black
and white
All decked
In stripes
From down low
to up high
Wanna holla?
Say Beetlejuice 3 times!

Hey yo
I'm reinventin the game
Beegizzel is the new name
Yo, I'm still the same
Still dead
Can't make that change
It's getting hot in here, can you feel it heatin?
Or maybe it's me, the undead Micheal Keaton!

(Break it down, Beegizzle!) (Dance break)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Banky

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: LesterId rather see the "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian" version.

Elaborate

"With which i replied,  Didnt we say everything we wanted to say with the first Beetlejuice?"

MacGuffin

Keaton Longing for 'Beetlejuice' Sequel

Movie star Michael Keaton is desperate to bring the dead back to life in a sequel to his hit 1988 comedy Beetlejuice. The Batman star loved playing the mischievous ghoul opposite Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis and wants to make a follow-up to Tim Burton's cult classic. He says, "That is a movie I would like to do again. I would really like to make another Beetlejuice because it's totally 100 per cent original, with such talented people involved. Everybody forgets how good that cast was. The trick to do it again is not to over-tech it. There was something great about the basics of how we put things together. They were literally done by people holding things and spinning things like plywood and stuff. It was fun."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

I agree about the over-teching part from Keaton there. That's where these Star Wars movies have gone wrong. Should left Yoda as a puppet damnit.

modage

Quote from: Michael KeatonThat is a movie I would like to do again. I would really like to make another Beetlejuice because it's totally 100 per cent original, with such talented people involved.
i love michael keaton but that doesnt make any sense.  it was 100 percent original the FIRST TIME.  thats what makes it original, making 'another' of something means its not going to be original at all.  so this wouldnt be a good idea.  he also said he wouldnt do one without tim directing, but then i just read he talked to tim who said he wouldnt direct but might produce one and they are looking for the right guy to direct after they get a script in place or something.   :yabbse-undecided:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: themodernage02i love michael keaton

I love him too - where'd he go? That movie about the dead talking through "white noise" looks awful.

MacGuffin

Beetlejuice 2 Possible Says Tim Burton: Key is Michael Keaton
By Brian Brooks; Movieline

Any re-hash of Beetlejuice will have to include Michael Keaton, Tim Burton who directed the 1988 original that also starred Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Winona Ryder and Catherine O'Hara has said. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter writer Seth Grahame-Smith, who is currently penning a script for the Beetlejuice sequel said in May that he's spoken with both Burton and Keaton about the proposed follow-up.

In Beetlejuice, Keaton played the ghost in the film, which went on to gross nearly $74 million in the U.S. and cost about $13 million at the time to make. "I think he would be willing to do it. He would have to be [in] it," Tim Burton told MTV News at Comic-Con where he was promoting his new stop-motion pic "Frankenweenie." "He was great as that character. I think it's a way to unleash your inner whatever. I bet you he would get right back into it." Continuing, Burton added, "I'm finishing this, and then I need to [revisit 'Beetlejuice 2']."

Grahame-Smith told a crowd in Austin, TX back in May via Aint It Cool News "It's one of the things I'm producing at Warner Bros and it's one of the things I'm supposed to write...I met with Michael Keaton and Tim Burton about it and they said the same thing, 'if you come up with a story that's worthy of us actually doing this for real and not something that's about cashing in or forcing a reboot down someone's throats, then we'll think about it."

He also said he has his own restrictions for proceeding with the possible second Beetlejuice: "If it's not something we all get super-excited about then why do it..." He said he told the studio it "can't be a reboot or remake." The project would have to be in his words, "a straight, pure sequel. If it's 27 years after the first movie, then 27 years will have transpired in the next movie."

An animated Beetlejuice series ran from 1989 to 1992 first on ABC and then Fox, loosely based on the 1988 film that Burton developed and executive produced.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Beetlejuice with CGI, just what we need..

tpfkabi

The CGI/effects in Moonrise Kingdom kinda surprised me, and likewise would CGI in Beetlejuice 2.

If Burton can do Frankenweenie in present day, why can't he choose to do stop motion effects for his live action films like he used to?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Beware Those Tim Burton-'Beetlejuice 2' Ghost Stories
Source: Deadline

It's no secret Tim Burton's been plotting a sequel to his Beetlejuice; he's been talking it up at various press events for two years now since Deadline's Mike Fleming first reported Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg would be producing the pic for their KatzSmith Productions. So who's shocked that Burton's mulling an offer to direct the ghost-with-the-most follow-up for Warner Bros? I'm told even though he's in very early negotiations on the Grahame-Smith-penned sequel, it won't be his next film. He's got Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children set for summer 2015 and is finishing Big Eyes for next August.

Skeleton FilmWorks