the DVD that you're most ashamed to own

Started by dufresne, May 16, 2003, 04:01:20 PM

soixante

A friend bought Red Planet sight unseen.  Can I be ashamed for him?
Music is your best entertainment value.

Sal

Quote from: godardianHowever, first feature role for one Ms. Julianne Moore...  Or wait. Was that Hand That Rocks the Cradle? Anyways, I think you get to see her haul off and slap Madonna across the face. Worth the price of admission to me.

According to the imdb, her first feature role was in Slaughterhouse 2.   :shock:

Ghostboy

I'm not really embarassed about any of my DVDs...but there are some where I feel odd having them, when I'm missing so many classics. But before I had as many bills, when I would want to see a movie, I'd just buy it instead of renting it. So I've ended up with a lot of stuff like, say, Conspiracy Theory (that one makes the least since), that I'll probably never watch again. For some reason, I don't want to get rid of them, though.

phil marlowe

my dad bought me arlington road wich i was looking forward to watch but it turned out a really fucking bad written piece of shit. jeff bridges were also bad. shame. he also bought me autumn in new york but that one actually suprised me in a good way. wouldnt want to watch it again though. ever.

Sigur Rós

That would be 15 Minutes starring Robert De Niro....What a piece of SHIT!

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

bonanzataz

First off, what about bob is awesome.

secondly, i bought plump fiction, a parody of the hip directors in the mid to late 90's starring julie brown. ugh... i don't know why i haven't tried to sell this on ebay yet.

also, i bought a 3D movie, because i thought it would be fun. i'm not ashamed to own it, but it's hidden away.

i also own mystery men. but there were parts i remember being funny. i haven't seen it since i bought it though.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

Star Wars Ep I, id like to get rid of it and Ghost World, which I didnt really like, but bought it before I saw it.

Pubrick

Quote from: Duck SauceStar Wars Ep I, id like to get rid of it and Ghost World, which I didnt really like, but bought it before I saw it.
do u wanna keep ghost world?

on the topic of crap dvds, i wouldn't buy sumthin i wasn't gonna watch a lot..
under the paving stones.

brockly

Fight Club is the least good DVD I own. I like it though, so I guess I have no bad DVDs. I ussually think twice before purchasing.

©brad

Quote from: cecil b. dementedalmost famous, my dad gave it to me on christmas. i actually think its a good film, but i dunno..... it doesnt seem to "belong." i think im just being prissy

doesn't belong? almost famous rocks. i have a sneaking suspiscion that its the best dvd u own.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: _|P|_

no

Julke

Hey Cecil B.,
If Almost Famous is the DVD you're ashamed to own, I don't wanna know which DVDs you're proud to own.

I'm not judging your tastes, 'cause this woulb be stupid, but I realy don't wanna know.

©brad

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: _|P|_

no

give it to me.

Pubrick

Quote from: cbrad4dgive it to me.
i already called dibs.

isn't it funny that i used to hate duck sauce and now he's cool. i think sexterrossa was a bad influence.
under the paving stones.