The Last Rescue

Started by polkablues, October 18, 2014, 01:34:45 PM

Reel

Quote from: polkablues on November 12, 2014, 02:55:46 AM
Holy shit, Filmdrunk is making fun of our poster! It suddenly feels real now in a way it never did before.

http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2014/11/this-week-in-posters-fifty-shades-of-grey-is-giving-strong-iois/#page/11

EDIT: It looks like clicking the link redirects you to the first page of the slideshow, so you have to manually click through to #11 to get to the goodness.

Must be a great feeling to see someone else catch the brunt for what had no responsibility for. Hopefully, they'll take the cue and let you do the dvd cover... With Ratner

polkablues

There's no denying it's a ridiculous poster.

But just the fact that I can be browsing through a well-known website that I've visited on a daily basis for years and see it on there... it's like the scene in "That Thing You Do" when they hear their song on the radio for the first time. It's a cool feeling.
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

This is finally, gradually starting to make its way out into the real world.

Netherlands DVD release appears to be May 22nd: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/last-rescue/9200000040946697/

UK release June 1st: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Normandy-The-Last-Rescue-DVD/dp/B00S4YGDP0

For some reason I'm only seeing DVD in these territories, no blu-ray. And the UK distributor has elected to alter the title to "Normandy: The Last Rescue", despite the film not being set in Normandy nor directly related to the events of Normandy. Whatever moves units, I guess. They also made the cover slightly less atrocious, so I can't be mad.

Other territories still pending. I believe China has sold already, but I don't have info on release dates or anything. U.S. distribution is the biggest iron in the fire now, and will hopefully fall into place in the next month or two, for a likely release sometime this summer.

polkablues

Also out in Japan on June 3rd. The Japanese cover is kind of amazing, by the way:

(According to Google Translate, that title translates to "The Great Escape 1944")

wilder

Full Metal Jacket 2: Son of Joker

polkablues

Damn. Spot on.

What's funny is that Matthew Modine was one of the first names we were seriously talking about in casting the main roles, but we couldn't afford him.

how much does a '59 modine go for nowadays

polkablues

Not an unreasonable amount, I don't think, but our budget only afforded us actors in the "doing us a favor" and "needing movie roles for their reel" range.

Is it mean for me to firmly believe he's both of those

polkablues

You'd be surprised. There are actors out there whom I would consider all but washed up that won't get out of bed for less than 30 grand.

polkablues

Available at US retailers July 7th, Redbox July 28th. About damn time. More information to follow.

jenkins

Absolute hands-down guaranteed champion as my favorite Redbox rental of 2015, and polka I hope you keep in mind all the other hearts you're breaking.

polkablues

It's a heavy cross I bear, but it is my burden to bear it.

polkablues

Now available in the US! Currently rocking a solid 6.5 on IMDb (one tenth of a point higher than the VASTLY superior Ain't Them Bodies Saints, so take IMDb rankings for what they're worth). Currently only on DVD, not Blu-ray, for some unknown reason that I'm sure is stupid.

Still due to be available at Redboxes on July 28th, so when that day comes, go hit every Redbox within driving distance of yourself and clean those fuckers out! I've got backend on this movie, so you'd really be doing me a solid.

Side note: god, that Helvetica Bold title is bland-looking. I don't know if I'm about to watch a movie or walk into a Crate and Barrel.

Jeremy Blackman

:yabbse-thumbup: :bravo:

The poster seems to promise significantly more firebombing planes than I remember seeing in the movie, though. I'm guessing a good portion of negative reviews can be attributed to misaligned expectations. I'm sure there's an exciting way to communicate what this movie actually is, which is a low-budget war movie that feels realistic because it doesn't overreach in those ways.

In any case, I think one can understand what the movie is doing without too much trouble once it starts. And at that point it's easy to buy into. (It was for me.)