Author Topic: Inherent Vice - SPOILERS!  (Read 49112 times)

HACKANUT

• The Call to Adventure
  • Respect: +6
Re: Inherent Vice - SPOILERS!
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »

found this... purdy gud.

WorldForgot

• The Vision Quest
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +107
    • tweettweet
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »

Lewton

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2018, 04:18:34 PM »
+4
I watched this again recently via the Blu-ray and it's really a completely different experience in the summer (well, nearly summer). I remember seeing this in theatres in the dead of winter and something about the seasonal mismatch nagged at me...which is probably a weird observation, lol, but oh well. But this is a movie meant for summer afternoons and nights...heck, summer mornings, too. Phantom Thread, on the other hand, really feels like a winter movie.

Also, IV is the kind of movie where you reach the end and "Any Day Now" flares up and you're like, "wait, is this the best movie he's ever made?" And in that moment you're almost ready to toss aside The Master and PDL to bow down to this one as the true magnum opus!

eward

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +138
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2018, 06:00:35 PM »
 :bravo:  Yeah, every time I rewatch Inherent Vice it creeps further and further up my list of favorites. I would encourage all those who have more lukewarm feelings about it to give it a second, third, fourth, fifth (ad infinitum) spin. 
"Do you laugh at jealousy?"

"No, I don't even laugh at seasickness! I happen to regard jealousy as the seasickness of passion."

modage

• Admin
  • Respect: +804
    • Floating Heads
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
+9
Probably not intentional/conscious but came across this scene in Sugarland Express and reminded me a bit of Shasta's entrance in IV. Particularly the orange/blue.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy