Big Eyes

Started by MacGuffin, September 21, 2014, 05:29:28 PM

MacGuffin

Release date: December 25, 2014

Starring: Amy Adams, Krysten Ritter, Christoph Waltz, Jason Schwartzman, Danny Huston, Terence Stamp

Directed by: Tim Burton

Premise: A drama centered on the awakening of the painter Margaret Keane, her phenomenal success in the 1950s, and the subsequent legal difficulties she had with her husband, who claimed credit for her works in the 1960s.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jenkins

my memories of this create personal-emotional bridges into curiosities about the nature of art, being human and, from the writers of the people vs. larry flynt, who went from the writers of problem child to the writers of ed wood, there in the movie is a narrative that explores the interlays between being art and human

margaret keane is a pop art sensation from the american 60s whom i know little about. her legacy was written by her husband, who stole her painting skill as his own -- while helping create the union between art and capitalism that's so familiar to us now. the movie has an epigraph of andy warhol throwing mad respek. i appreciate both the way tim burton wanted to portray keane and the way amy adams wanted to act as her

the writers said they wanted to create a different kind of biopic. i've heard the insult that really anyone could have made this movie. it's like challenging out there now for a person to have a crush on a movie. like what you want to and big eyes opens on xmas

bruno delbonnel on an arri alexa, $10m budget, btw